Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Sheep Area 3

Bearcreekadventures

Hello All,

I am trying to help out a friend who is sheep hunting in Wyoming Area 3, Wapiti Ridge. He has hunted for 10 days so far and is not having much luck. Can anyone help with information on good areas to check out and what a hunter can expect to see and harvest in that area? Any information at all will be very helpful. He only has until October 20 to get his ram and he is getting a little nervous.

Thanks!

I just looked at the unit map, I know nothing about unit three. I couldn't remember where they were all at. If he wanted info on 10 I probably could have helped him out.

Hi Yukon,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. My buddy caught up with the outfitter he had booked with and went back in and got a ram. I don't think the ram is going to break any records, but he is very happy to have gotten it. Unfortunately, only a few days later, my buddy got word that his outfitter had been involved in a car accident and was killed. Sad news.

Hey Bearcreek,

Thanks for your reply, glad your friend ended up getting his ram. I had read that outfitter Cort Feely was killed in an auto accident, sorry to hear that. He was a good sheep hunter.

Take care of yourself and have a Merry Christmas.

Yukon

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back