WY unit 98 Elk

Jim G

I drew a tag this year, and am not familiar with the area and thought I would see if I could get a little help to get me started. Any one got any starting points for me? thanks in advance. I plan on bowhunting first to help to learn the area and then return with the rifle if needed. I also have a deer tag for the area too. thanks.

Thanks for the link. That was a good read. Populations look ok but it is not too current. Hopefully there will be some elk around for me to find. Anybody else have any info?? We are less than a month away from the start of bow season. thanks

I drew a tag this year, and am not familiar with the area and thought I would see if I could get a little help to get me started. Any one got any starting points for me? thanks in advance. I plan on bowhunting first to help to learn the area and then return with the rifle if needed. I also have a deer tag for the area too. thanks.

Curious...why draw a tag for a unit you are unfamiliar with/haven't done homework on? :D

No help from me as I've only hunted west of there.

elk hunter- Some folks in NV and UT don't realize it, but an elk hunt can be more than 1 every 15yrs or so and not be for just a trophy... ;)

No help from me as I've only hunted west of there.

elk hunter- Some folks in NV and UT don't realize it, but an elk hunt can be more than 1 every 15yrs or so and not be for just a trophy... ;)

??? I hunt every year but I'm never out for trophies. Just good times, family and memories. If we run into animals, that's gravy. We move around with units, but do our research prior. :D

??? I hunt every year but I'm never out for trophies. Just good times, family and memories. If we run into animals, that's gravy. We move around with units, but do our research prior. :D

I hunt for the same reasons as you and in addition, I like to learn a new area. To me, the best way to learn an area is to get out and about and I might as well have a tag in my pocket too. I am after a trophy, but if that doesn't work out, oh well, not the end of the world. If I don't get any help, that is ok, I will just have to do the best I can but I am sure I will enjoy the time spent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back