Caribou Gear

Guide School Operator Pleads Guilty To Poaching

Owasco Valley Retrievers now has 3 new Master Hunters:

A Shadow of Hawkeye's Garrison MH WCX
Dakota's Roaming Shawdow MH WCX
Adoration's Second Chance MH WCX

Montana has some decent restitution penalties for poaching "trophy" sized animals, such as $8000 for large bull elk and $30,000 for bighorn sheep. They probably should be raised to keep up with inflation.. In fact, our law was derived from Colorado's some time ago when some of us with Montana Bowhunters Assn got the penalties passed. MT also have loss of license for 5 years for any spotlighting....even whitetail doe. The issue is that some judges in our Judicial system often does not levy the penalties as the law provides. Sportsmen need to hold judges accountable, and elect those who have strong support for penalties for poaching.

I agree with using all of the penalties available to stop poachers in their tracks. I have dealt with similar situations in Upstate New York. However, their are to few game wardens to stop the spot lighting. When you try to explain who is doing the act of jack lighting deer it is funny how the game warden will turn back on you for first being honest with them and then turn around and come after you. I have no sympathy for illegal outfitters and guides who cut corners just to make a buck. They all belong in jail and should never be allowed to hunt in any state for any reason, because they will only take their habits elsewhere.

Owasco Valley Retrievers has bred Adoration's Second Chance MH WCX to HRCH Black Ice's Carbon Copy of Ammo Mud Bud, Buddy MH QAA. Anticipated whelp date is 5/30/2015. This will be an all chocolate litter suitable for Hunt Tests, Field Trials, Hunting and great Family Companions.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back