Caribou Gear Tarp

2006 Deer Season

yoteler

It has been a great 9 day deer season. Our 7 person group took 16 deer.For me it has it has been a crazy season, out of the 16 taken I killed 12 of them. I shot 5 Bucks and 7 doe's. I shot my first Record Book Buck this year, a 160 class. Ok time for the story and pics.
Opening day I shot this 9 pointer he had 2 doe's with him, but they left the scene
451958.JPG

The second day I got this 8 pointer all by himself
452151.JPG

and the 2 doe's on the far right were running together when they fell
451460.JPG

Later that after noon I got my BIG BUCK,,, The whole hunting story of the Big Buck is this, there is 7 guys in my hunting parter, and we were hunting some new land. I was out scouting a week before the season, and found good spots for everone. So I walk everyone to there places to sit ( so they would not get lost) for an evening hunt. At the end of the hunting day I was walking back to pick up each hunter, and to talk about anything, or what they may have seen. When I got to the last guy we all stood around in the in a picked bean field and talk, and told jokes, when one of the guys said Donald, turn around and look at the size of that Buck. I turned, and sure enough there he stood, high lighted by the sun going down, it was kinda like pictures you see in magazines, pretty cool. As I slowley took my Remington 870 off my shoulder, and looked at him through the scope, and place the cross hairs on his chest, he walked towards us some more, and turned alittler given me his shoulder view. As I squeeze the trigger, the Brenneke Rottweil found its mark. And ran about 200 yards. He was already dead, but he did not know it yet. The range finder came out and it measure ( 3 times) 121 yards, 120 yards, 120 yards. Live weight he was 240 and, dress out at 210.
453203.jpg

451461.JPG

451463.JPG

451462.JPG

The 3rd day I got this 6 pointer
451961.JPG

7th day I got this 8 pointer this one is going on the wall aswell
453199.jpg

8th day we made a small deer drive and 6 doe's were scared out and ran to me I was able to take 5 out of the 6. Had to use the 4 wheelers to help on this drag
453201.jpg

and all 5 on the trailer
453200.jpg

It was a great year

WOW! That's quite a pile of deer there. I agree with schmalts, that big old whitey looks like it has muley antlers. Pretty nice I must say. Congrats!

allot of guys have said the same thing about the antlers and it is strange on the formation of his. There is still allot of deer running around here in Minnesota, the Timber wolves have not got to many, as for the Brush wolves (coyotes) they are getting thinned out from my coyote crew

Nice group of deer.

wish we had that quantity of deer... It's funny ya know... I've talked with some AZ hunters that didn't even SEE that many deer in their hunt season in AZ this year... granted they saw more of their windshield than the woods but still funny.

cmc

Thats a dandy buck...

Can you clarify for me...are all the camps tags just "camp tags" and anyone can fill them, or were you allowed that many tags yourself.... That is a good way to get some killing in...thats all I know!

In Minnesota, if we are hunting as a group, one person can take all the deer if the opportunity presents it's self. If I am hunting with 100 people in my group I can shoot 100 bucks and in some ares 400 or more does! as long as they have tags to fill. If I am hunting by myself, I get one deer permit that I can use to tag a Buck or a Doe. Then I can also get 4 intensive harvest permits, which can only be use for taging doe's

Nice bucks yoteler!

You hunt with a good group of guys. I don't think I'd give up my tag without a fight.:D After the fifth buck I would make you put your gun down and drive for the rest of us or watch your back.:D :D :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back