Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Chlorine for the SD gene pool

mtmiller

My hunting partner and I have been watching a screwed up buck and had passed on him several times hoping for a true wall-hanger. He disappeared for a couple days, but showed up last night (last day of season). We decided my partner would take the shot with me right behind him. With about 10 minutes of shooting light left we busted him at 294 yards. The shots were so close together there was a "whop-whop" before he hit the ground. Lungs and heart were mush and he never knew what hit him. Although I only got the assist, I had to throw my ugly mug in the shot.

P1040063-2Large.jpg

Although we found a couple better bucks, this was an exciting hunt finding this one buck on the last day after holding off earlier. The bigger bucks we passed on were younger bucks and in an area with no pressure. Hopefully we will be rewarded next year.

That's a unique buck!

Your "cull" bucks are of the quality that us public land wretches would be real pleased with.

3 days to fill your Hills tag. Best of luck. The cold weather should keep them feeding and moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back