Howdy

mr.smith

Most of the Arizona guys know me from the other boards.
My name is Josh Smith, I'm a former soldier, now attending ASU. I'm studying Conservation Biology maybe someday I'll be a comissioner for the AZ game and Fish. I'm 29 and married with no kids. I love to hunt ducks. If I ever get drawn I am sure I would love big game hunting too. I am proficient with a bow, muzzleloader and a rifle. I also fly fish. Thats enough I suppose.
I sure hope the draw results come out soon. All these zonies are going batty with the wait.

I don't know about a commission job. Sounds like you might have too much hunting and fishing experience for that. ;) Welcome to HT.

Well we got no water and no ducks, so theoretically I'm screwed. At least I can hunt. I'm an archer too.

Guys I've got some shattering news,mr. smith is actually a secret agent and his wife is Angelina Jolie.

SShhhhh!

winman said:
Guys I've got some shattering news,mr. smith is actually a secret agent and his wife is Angelina Jolie.

Hey now, who leaked my secret identity. Now there will have to be years and years of senate committees.

When I was a military policeman, my soldiers use to accuse me of being a secret CID investigator. I always thought it was funny.

Sure he's got some stories,why just last month he got an Al-Quaida operative at 300 yards.

Well, as far as big game goes not too many. Here in AZ I have not had too much luck with the draw. I drew an archery bull elk tag this year, so hopefully there will be a great tale to be told towards the end of september. I did get drawn for archery javelina the last year and took my first "big game" with my bow.

Copied and Pasted from another forum.

01/22/05
I was sitting on a hillside glassing and I decided to test out murphy's law. I set my bow some distace away from me and I broke two rules of the J-13. I called blind and with my weapon far from the ready. I figured if I wasnt ready then there would definitely be a pig, right? Well I started wailing on the call and a lone javelina came running out of the brushy wash below me onto the hillside opposite me. She looked really confused and was running in circles tying to figure out where I was and how to get across the deep steep wash. She finally managed to get across, all the while I am constantly taunting her with the call. I am shaking like a leaf in a hurricane at this point. Then she hung up at about fourty yards, behind some brush. Once she crossed into the fourty yard range I drew thinking she would come right in. Well she didnt. I stood there at full draw for like three minutes. Finally she cleared the brush and was at about twenty yards when I let fly. I dont know if I was shaking too much or if I put the wrong pin on her or what but I missed clean. Much to my surpise she only ran about thirty yards to my left where she was now down wind of me. So I am cursing to myself thinking, "Man she is going to bolt when she smells me." BUT she instead turned right towards me and came trotting right up to me at a medium clip. So I am fumbling to nock another arrow. On her current path I had no good shot So I just stood still. When she was about 20 feet out I drew figuring when she walked by she would offer a shot. I took her at about 12 feet through both shoulders getting a lung and some arteries along the way. The arrow hung up for a second and fell out on her third step away. She ran down into the wash below and bedded down in some of the thickest thicket I have ever seen. Some nice pokey desert holly. Ouch. I went across the canyon to try and see into her lair. It may sound demented but I wanted to see my first one die. I spotted her in her hole bedded down and let me tell you I felt horrible watching her die It took way longer than I expected. I think I apologized to that pig every other minute for the full half hour it took her to die. However this was not enough to quell my elation at finally harvesting a big game animal. I waited a little longer after she quit moving although I was sure when she had expired. Then very cautiously I approached, tossed a small pebble at her, nothing, tossed another, nothing, I eased into stick poking range. Touched her eyeball, and sighed a big sigh of relief. For now it was official in my head. I had my pig. On my eleventh day of hunting. My hard work paid off. I am sure that it means more now than if I had taken one on day two.
Thank you all for your encouragement and advice. It was that one more time that I needed. -Josh

cool story Josh.
Wish I could have doen that also but I missed twice at 30 yds. Danmed site came loose and did not check it b4 shooting.
Welcome and hope you do good in your bull qwest. Will send you the topos as soon as I get your email addy.
Are you on outdoordestination site also.
If so say hi to Scott for me. I bought 1 of his AR's awhile back.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back