Yeti GOBOX Collection

FINALLY.....got a bull with the bow

ELKCHASER

After several years of trying, I finally got a bull with my bow. It was a great hunt in Unit 61 in Idaho, about and hour from home. I was working up a raghorn with calls and scrapes, when this guy came down the ridge and ran off the raghorn. It took 20 minutes of calling, scraping and jumping from tree to tree to get a 50 yard shot. He went about 400 yards, and my elk season is OVER.

I have several shots of him from a trail cam on a wallow on the 27th of Aug, just 4 days before his untimely demise
ArcheryElk20053.jpg

BigBullAlive1.jpg

May the rest of you have the luck I found

ELK RIDGE SS

Nice animal great pics!! congrats on your kill. i to know what it is like to get that first kill after years of going after moose in AK. i finally got my first last Sept when i scored on a 34in spread bull. what a feeling. once a gain congrats to you.

Thank you for the pics and the story. That is a nice bodied bull and it looks like you will be eating well this winter. I like the rack too. More stoke for this weekend, I'm hopping on a plane Thursday if they have any fuel left.
Congrats on what must be a very rewarding and satisfying hunt.

Cheers
Roadtrip

Congrats elkridge! Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm heading out Fri on a two week elk hunt with a bow, so hopefully I'll have the same luck you had. I haven't shot an elk with a bow yet but miracles do happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back