Calling Cougars

Heck I didn't even rememeber I posted it, but did keep it on word on my puter, so cut and paste, yes we ate her, crock pot with honey BBQ sauce yummmyyyy.
Cat in the kettle.

I got some back strap from my Taxidermist last year...

That was extremely good, would do my freezer good to have a bunch of that kind of meat filling it up... :)

This is my cougar story. When I was a highschool girl I agreed to meet my sister for a piknic in a remote forested canyon in western Marin County, Califonia. She left walking before I did and I rode my horse Tamar. As Tamar was sliding down the steep hill on her hind quarters to the redwood forest at the bottom of the canyon she suddenly stopped, snorted and whirled back up the hill. No! I said and turned her back. This brave mare, knowing what it was, did obey me and continued down to the creek below where we were supposed to meet my younger sister.

A horrible and unearthly sound was heard. It was like the high screams of a woman being killed, sometimes a deep rumbling roar, then like some sounds unearthly as if from outerspace. Whatever it was, my only thought was that is had my sister. I was not in my right mind. I dismounted and tied the mare to a tree, which she fought and attempted to uproot. I hunted around on the ground for a heavy limb to use as a club. Whatever it was, it must have my sister. The roaring and screaming continued. I was in battle fury, not in my right mind. The hideous screaming- I must fight it. Then I saw, on the other side of the creek, something moving. Something flowing over the rocks like melted butter- a cougar.

I loosed my horse and we galloped away upstream, leaping ravines. We came to the ranch barn. And there was my sister sitting on the fence. "Did you hear that", she said?"
" I saw that", was my reply.

This is one of the greatest things I have experienced in my life.

Now, I have a place in SW Oregon with the highest number of cougars per square mile in the US- per the ODFW one cougar per 10 square miles. I have felt walking up on China Mountain that I was being watched.

I would like to have cougar skin on my wall.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back