camp pics

morning all, it is always a good day when you got the day off work. We are going to head out late this morning to go to a pig roast at the oldest daughter place. Of course I could not sleep in if my life depended on it. So instead i'll post a few pics of this fall target's.
29ab5bf4.jpg
I been alittle slow as far as getting this scan and post here. I need to find me a real good digital. I know the next time I am ready to try one out i'm going to ask them to set it up there. save time and $$$, only to find out it not worth a dime.
1c3012a5.jpg
belated Happy aniversary Bruce.
2ea10806.jpg
Dave keep the fish coming and i'm sure you'll do great in the salt water as well. By the way anyone find out anything on useing a decoy for hunting ?

7130b7d3.jpg

7a7b6a2e.jpg

37de9f8c.jpg

By the way the last pic on the post befor this one my camera is set up on the tree right in front of this deer nose.
fcc18790.jpg
I'm going to leave it there and see what come threw the trail.

as you notice alot of deer are using the lower trail instead of the hill dave. But then again I don't have the camera up there laff.
2248ac81.jpg

d1cd2382.jpg

ca1fa693.jpg

7c0e6c92.jpg

as you can see by some of the pics, I been cutting a few tree's down. they are all standing and dead. so I figure I would open it up some so that the under growth would have a chance. I just might plant a small food plot to see what happens. But I need to get grass to grow first to be sure the plot will. have a great all and happy 4th.

O by the way the camera I been testing a few things. And it was set low to the ground on those pics. I always set it at a angle towards a trail. Don't be afraid to set it up on the trail facing the deer approuch. As you can see it dose not bother the deer here. And last time I was out to the camera it had 4 pics on it. I got the timer set to take a pic every hour. to save film or it be use up so fast. I need a good/cheap digital. I herd people say the moultree one at basspro for $100 works great. later

Why thank you BT.

We had a good time tonight shooting but we only had three of us. Thats OK as Long as I get to shoot. LOL

all of us seemed to be doing well tonight and got to fling a lot of arrows. I even played with the recurve and at ten yards was doing ............... well I hit the bag. I did try to hit Bambi at 22 yards and managed to put the arrow on target. Again if you call in the rump on target or in the spine.................. But at least I did not put it in the nose of the deer like the unnamed shooter right Eastern? All in all another night of fun outdoors even with the wind. But then again the wind kept the bugs away. We are practicing hard to get ready for the fall.

Here is the response I got from DNR about hunting with decoys in New Brunswick. A great bit of information too.

Yes the use of decoys, even for deer is legal in New Brunswick. It does
work. Here is a tip, try removing one antler as this makes the other
bucks more dominant and they will come in sooner

good, I know that the buck i'm after (If he still in the area) will walk all over my decoy cause it is a buck with a small 3X3 rack. By the way can you guys watch the shows on the web page I post up here ?

The Arrows 4 Christ outing in Old town maine was alot of fun to say the least. Here are some photos of the trip.
This is one fo the Archery shop workers shoing us the place and pointing out that were the wild turkeys that just went into the woods is were we were going to enter the woods.
P1110452.jpg

here is a great photo of Hopesman taking a shot.
GrayscaleKen.jpg

A little practice by Lukin4sunrise and his buddy that needed a great day out.
P1110488.jpg

Target 1. The start to some real fun. My son and I were the only ones that kept any kind of scoring and not knowing how to score properly we set it up that the rings were 10, 8, 6 and a hit on the animal at all was 5. A miss was zero.
P1110490.jpg

A good release but a little high.
P1110513.jpg

Me shooting
P1110520.jpg

lukin4sunrise's friend shooting
P1110531.jpg

lukin4sunrise doing some shooting
P1110544.jpg

P1110546.jpg

and then my son moving up to his post to shoot.
P1110550.jpg

P1110551.jpg

After the rain the day before the bugs were a little bad in spots along the trail and during the shooting. This was one method of taking care of them. Put your hood up.
P1110659.jpg

Lunch time came and we pack away some hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and pop (Soda for some who won't know what pop is)
P1110664.jpg

a good group photo
P1110723.jpg
And the rest of the day.
P1110724.jpg

P1110728.jpg

poor beaver
P1110752.jpg

P1110774.jpg

P1110787.jpg

P1110788.jpg

P1110796.jpg

Check out that tired out form at the end of the day. LOL
P1110798.jpg

I hope you enjoy a few of the photos we took and we are now trying to organize a possible second shoot with a challange from Christian Bow Hunters of America at Old Town again. Possibly on Aug. 23. We will have to see.

cool pics bruce,looks like you all had a great time. Even after the rain you was wearing sneakers. Remind you of anything dave. That looks like a "ultra rest" on your bow bruce. That is what I got on mine, Alittle pricey but worth it.

Back