Resident Geek

rodster

Hey all,

IM rodster. Im gonna be doing some work on the boards for you guys. Dont mind the construction. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I dont hunt really, but I do fish sometimes. Last Lake I went fishing at was Lake Mead in Nevada close to Las Vegas. Alright peace out!

hi rodster.
I live mead where do you live? i'm in peoria az. saw that you fish? you bass fish alot?

Delw

Back in 1989, I caught a 32 pound striper on lake Mead. There are some bigguns in there.Took me 45 minutes to land that bugger,caught him with a long A bomber on 12 lb test line. I was standing on a rock about 12 feet from shore, he took the lure as it broke the water before my next cast, the water just exploded in front of me.It was about 1 in morning and it scared me chitless, I fell off the rock up to my chest in water.He then ran all but about 15 feet of my line off. Whew doggie what a fighten fish they are. I have seen these fish eat rats or muskrats right off the top of the water. Just thought I would share that with ya'll.

Calif Hunter

I see you have been hob nobbing with your friends in the Sierra Club again

RMO righht now the strippers have migrated from the colorado rive thru the c.a.p canal and into a great bass lake called lake pleasant here in az . thats about 350 miles from thecolorado river. friends have been catching them up to 35lbs. they are a fun fish to catch though and put up a great fight

Delw

Delw, When I lived there in the late 80's and early 90's there was one striper found dead on shore that weighed near to 70 lbs. Another time I read a story in the paper about a guy that was surveying the bottom of the lake when he saw something on his sonar that looked like a huge rock just off the bottom. He baited a hook and pulled up a striper that wieghed just over 60 lbs. That was on lake mead. Does the Colorado flow thru lake Mojave?? I can't remember, but man I hooked into quite a few 20 and 30 pounders out there too.

yes the co river flows into mohave. davis damn is on the south end and hoover dam is on the north end of mohave.
whats nice about mohave is that laughlin is less than 5 mins away.

Delw

Hi I am Don I Love to hunt and fish I visit this site when I am home in Sandpoint I am here about once a month I fly back and forth to Calif.I love this site its got a lot of go information and a lot of nice people and they have a sence of humor.Love it

Back