Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

"Cheap" hunting/hiking clothes for youths

uster19

My son will be going with my on my fall hunt this year. We will be hunting elk, hopefully in WY but worst case in OTC in CO. I am looking to get him some pants a jacket and some base layers. I am also looking for a pack for him. I have picked out a few new ones but if someone has decent used one I would be interested. Since he is young and the clothing won't fit him next year I don't want to spend tons of money on it. Clothing doesn't need to be big brand or camo. My main goal is to make sure he is comfortable otherwise it will be a drag for him and me.

Items:

Pants
Jacket
Base Layer

Pack

He is a size 14 husky (5' 2" and 120lbs).

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat as my son is about the same size. Couple of tips; keep an eye on Camofire. I've picked up a couple of good youth items, specifically base layers there for a good price. Another sight that I've scored good deals on is Wing Supply. They email out a lot of sales. Though it may not work for the type of hunting your doing, but I picked up a set of waterproof, insulated bibs and jacket for under $100 total! Last tip, keep an eye out at regular retailers of the gear you buy for sales. You son will likely fit quite a few items that are Men's Small. I've scored a couple of screamer deals on stuff for mine on closeouts when smalls were the only thing they had left. Sometimes they are way too big and I've had to return them, but many do fit. A good place to look for this, especially non-camo items is Campmor.com.

Most of the base layers I've gotten for our 10 and 8 yo are from Sierra Trading Post. Sign up for email coupons and you can get some good deals.

I just ordered a couple of base layer tops yesterday off of Camofire, $7 each. I will have to check out the other sites you mentioned. Thanks.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back