Caribou Gear

WTB Mystery Ranch Cabinet or Crew Cab Bag

jquigley

Looking to pick up a smaller bag for day hunts that fits my Guide Light Frame. Really want something with the load sling.

I believe the cabinet/crew cab fit this description, as does the pintler/longbow. Though I could be wrong.

Jeff,

The Cabinet (crewcab) is basically one big load sling. the Pintler's (Longbow) load sling is between the pack and the frame, and needs to separate from the frame similar to a Metcalf.

Depending on how big of a hurry you are in, I can bring mine out to MT this spring, and you can try them out.

Jeff,

The Cabinet (crewcab) is basically one big load sling. the Pintler's (Longbow) load sling is between the pack and the frame, and needs to separate from the frame similar to a Metcalf.

Depending on how big of a hurry you are in, I can bring mine out to MT this spring, and you can try them out.

Thanks for the clarification, Ed. I used the crew cab when we were filming last spring and forgot that you didn't have to actually separate it from the frame like I do with my Marshall. Really liked that bag.

No big rush, so if I don't find a decent deal on one I'll definitely take a look at yours in Montana!

Looking to pick up a smaller bag for day hunts that fits my Guide Light Frame. Really want something with the load sling.

I believe the cabinet/crew cab fit this description, as does the pintler/longbow. Though I could be wrong.

I have seen the cabinet/crew cab used and I personally own a longbow. Both would work for your situation. The longbow doesn't have have the fabric sling base of the Pintler, but the straps do the job of a sling. You can run them straight or cross them. I have never had an issue with carrying my load this way.

You will need to look for a bag on a private sale. Ever since they sent the production of their product overseas, Mystery Ranch no longer sells their bags and frames separately (modular system). I just spoke with an MR rep last week and they have not plans to do so in the near future.

I have seen the cabinet/crew cab used and I personally own a longbow. Both would work for your situation. The longbow doesn't have have the fabric sling base of the Pintler, but the straps do the job of a sling. You can run them straight or cross them. I have never had an issue with carrying my load this way.

You will need to look for a bag on a private sale. Ever since they sent the production of their product overseas, Mystery Ranch no longer sells their bags and frames separately (modular system). I just spoke with an MR rep last week and they have not plans to do so in the near future.

Coming to grips with this fact. Talked to customer service this week and they have no intention of doing separates this year. I'm not sure it has as much to do with the change in manufacturing so much as encouraging people to adopt the new frame and not just the new bags, but looks like I'll be tracking down an old crew cab if at all possible!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back