Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Episode 30 Questions

CubsFan

Great episode and I learned a lot. It seems like the advice and strategies, in this episode and in general, are usually geared towards finding big mature bulls which of course makes sense. I'm wondering if any other podcasts ever discuss strategies for cows or for those that are happy to go after smaller bulls if that means a higher chance of success.

I am lucky enough to live in Colorado and will be going on my first elk hunt this year. I got a preference point with my first choice, a cow tag with my second choice, and will be getting an OTC bull tag. Both will be rifle so post rut/late season. Would my strategy be completely different than outlined in this podcast due to the fact that at this point in the season the big mature bulls are separated from the cows? Will any of the young bulls still with the cows be legal to harvest (4 points or 5 inch brow tines)? Does going after a cow or young bull (assuming legal) usually mean a higher chance of success?

Let me know if anyone knows where some of these concepts are discussed or if you have any advice.

Thanks!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back