Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico State Trust Land and Camping

TLowell02

In the most recent easement agreement between the NMDGF and the State Land Office of New Mexico, one item the SLO relented on was allowing camping on state lands in designated areas. I have been checking diligently the DGF and SOL website and the only mention I can find is on the SLO website and basically says "sites are being determined and will be released when available". Well, we're already well into hunting season and nothing has been released, so what is the Game and Fish paying all that extra money for in the 2016-2017 lease? Anyone have any information or heard anything about this being resolved?

Just talked to a SLO guy I know and there is new agreement and some campsites now. I know where one is off G&F road. They have not been posted at sites yet he said. I'm going to check the G&F BLM map and see.

If you find anything let me know. Specifically, I am looking in unit 58. I know there is camping at Capulin and Clayton Lake State Park but those don't really get us any closer than my girlfriend's home in Clayton.

Well that was quick. The kind woman at the SLO sent me an email with the easement agreement and the designated campsites. Unfortunately they don't do me any good but if anyone needs the publication I can forward the email on.

I talked to a SLO guy I know,but can't find link to campsites.Open gates are posted on the G&F/BLM site.
Can you send methe campsite map?I'll PM you.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back