Caribou Gear

Podcast EP 038 - Public land transfers

homers

Randy,

Just listened to Podcast EP 038 and want to thank you for helping educate me on the public land transfers (from federal to state(s)). I've heard you mention this issue previously, but EP 038 did a great job in making the issue very clear. It inspired me to go a do some research myself and I now feel empowered to do my little bit to stop this from happening.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Randy, a small update on Arizona. I can tell you that a valid hunting license allows the use of AZ state trust lands during an open season. Cottontails are open 365 days a year as are coyotes and lions on about half of the state. Sooooo, I always have at least a 22LR with me and am looking for bunnies when I'm out scouting. While it isn't expressly stated, I could be on an overnight or longer rabbit hunt too. I think the AZ land dept works on the "Baffle them with bullshit" theory. I have lived in Flagstaff for forty years and have seen dozens of wildlife managers (wardens). Infact that is where I first learned of the "sportsman's exception rule". I have never seen any land dept officer ever!!! I agree with everything that you have brought up about land transfer. A hunting license is useless if they sell it out from under us. GJ

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back