Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Utah auction - "State Transfer" Crystal Ball

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some friends in Utah sent me links of two properties being sold by the Utah State Land Board. Auction is in October.

Remember this the next time these carnies tell you it is only the inaccessible isolated lands with no wildlife values. Look at both of these properties. They both have access to BLM lands that would be controlled by the new owner.

And read the sales flyers and look at the pictures being used to promote these sales. Either this is false advertising about the wildlife values of the properties, or someone is BS'ing when they say properties sold at State Land auctions have low wildlife values.

Diamond Rim Auction - https://trustlands.utah.gov/land_auctions/diamond-rim-ps8589/

Here is the header photo on the sales flyer:
Diamond Rim.jpg

With this language at the bottom where the photo appears again:
The property offers premium big game hunting opportunities. This herd of buck deer were photographed near the property’s western boundary.

Crouse Canyon Auction - https://trustlands.utah.gov/land_auctions/crouse-canyon-ps8590/

Here is the header photo at the top of that flyer:
Crouse-Canyon-02-890x350.jpg

With this language used to promote the property:

This property offers premium big game hunting opportunities and is located within the South Slope/Diamond Mountain limited-entry hunting units for both buck deer and bull elk. Located nearby, Matt Warner Reservoir, Calder Reservoir and Crouse Reservoir offer excellent fishing opportunities.

For having such low wildlife values on properties put up for auction, they sure are promoting those wildlife values. Hmmmm.

If you want a crystal ball of what State Transfer of your public lands will look like, this is it. Next time a politician or a partisan hack wants to BS you about no sale of accessible lands and only selling lands with no wildlife, show them this thread.

'Spose ALC is going to post these auctions on their FB page?

It's amazing how many people really believe that the Republicans are pushing this because they have an interest in making the lands better by turning them over to the state. Do you mind if I share this info on another site Randy?

It's amazing how many people really believe that the Republicans are pushing this because they have an interest in making the lands better by turning them over to the state. Do you mind if I share this info on another site Randy?

Could you clarify please? I thought the republicans are pushing for the transfer.

Could you clarify please? I thought the republicans are pushing for the transfer.

They are. I'm saying that many people truly believe that Republicans are pushing for the transfer because they think States will manage the land better, not because they want to sell it off. I've tried to explain to several friends that they just want to sell it off for profit and they don't believe me. They are sure that I'm just paranoid and that the republicans have their best interests in mind. I didn't word that first post very well.

I saw it elsewhere too.
I cannot believe how many people I know that hate gubbermint,demoncrats,defachits and don't think the transfer or sale would be bad.These are hunters,ranchers who lease BLM&state lands,hikers/bikers,horsey gals,even birdwatchers. Most of them GOPers.
And they don't care or they think I'm nuts.
The 245mill ac of BLM sold even at 1k per acre would not put a dent in deficit.The loss is infinite.
NM is $300-$500mil in red this year due to poor projections on gas revenues from drill leases.
Gee,what do I think NM gubbermint will do if they were given the BLM lands here? And this is a so called blue state.
Gary Johnson is now on record as anti BLM/pro tansfer, wishywashy on FS and pro NP.

Last edited:
They are. I'm saying that many people truly believe that Republicans are pushing for the transfer because they think States will manage the land better, not because they want to sell it off. I've tried to explain to several friends that they just want to sell it off for profit and they don't believe me. They are sure that I'm just paranoid and that the republicans have their best interests in mind. I didn't word that first post very well.
dude, remember that everyone cares about their interests)))

Hey. Ohh, I had a bitter experience buying land at auction and after that I try not to get into it. I was faced with the usual scams and I had to prove for three months that I bought this land at the auction because the owner's brother gave permission to sell. It was very confusing and weird. In my opinion, the most interesting thing to visit is fine art auction houses. There you can find a lot of interesting art objects and I am sure that there is almost no scandal. By the way, who wants to come with me to the auction of paintings on September 25th ??

Last edited:
Anyone else click through and see what they went for? Pretty damn good deals for the buys looking back at it.

Back