Lone Wolf Alpha/Assault Hang On

Catskill.Joe

Now I know many on here are western hunters and have little use for a tree stand. However, I am in New York and have need of one for my white tail hunting. I'm looking to buy a Lone Wolf Alpha/Assault because of how light they are. If you want to get rid of yours, let me know.

Additionally, if you have a treestand that is 14lbs and under, let me know. I'm not attached to Lone Wolf.

Thanks!

Check out Sportsman's guide for LW stand and sticks. They had a pretty decent deal on them last month. I picked up an Assault and sticks. If you get one check out stealthstrips for quieting it down. Makes a world of difference. And Stick Talons for mounting the sticks to the stand. I don't like LW's stick quiver the talons let you arrange them all kinds of different ways.

You might want to check out XOP tree stands, the Air Raid hang on is under 14lbs. Great tree stands, copy of Lone Wolf, less $. I own 3 of these with no complaints.

XOP are not "copies" of the LW. They were developed and now sold by the original owner/inventor of LW and his son.

XOP are not "copies" of the LW. They were developed and now sold by the original owner/inventor of LW and his son.

Steve O ...... I totally agree with your statement and am very knowledgeable of the XOP vs LW situation. I was simply trying to point him in the direction of a stand that is very comparable to the mentioned LW without going into detail. I guess it was a poor choice of words on my behalf, thanks for your clarification.

10-4; just did not want him to think they were a cheap knock off. Ive got a couple XOP, a couple LW Alphas, a couple LW Assaults, and a LW Hand Climber. All great stands. I like the Assaults the best, I dont think you give up anything with the smaller platform.

Last edited:
Thanks fellas -

Some people minded that smaller platform on the Assault. I guess you thought the trade off of size-to-weight was worth it?

I've also looked at XOP stands and have been curious about how they compare to LW.

Thanks for the tip on Stick Talons - I'll check them out! I thought the LW quiver was really flimsy.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back