Hey Randy: Speak UP!!

emrah1028

I love the podcasts but only have one area of improvement: you need to speak up! I think its been brought up before where people have said the volume is low. I think the volume is fine (I can hear your guests just fine), but you have a habit of trailing off mid-sentence and your voice gets quieter and quieter. Your tone/volume goes from just fine to almost imperceptible by the end of a sentence! Sorry, not trying to bash. I wouldn't miss an episode. Just wondered if it's ever been brought to your attention.

Keep up the good work.

Emrah

Hah , NHY...he is louder when he laughs.
My cell service drops......at times.

I agree as well. I have noticed that Randy tends to trail off at times and it makes it hard to hear. However, I feel most of the time he is doing it for the affect. I think he uses it to bring the listener in and really make them listen to the message he is making. I love the podcast. Keep up the good work.

I thought it was just my crappy phone. I have the volume maxed out and still have trouble hearing Randy and his guests, especially when I'm in the car with the all the road noise.

Yes please, we deaf guys have a hard time hearing.
So I turn up the volume and then get blasted when Randy starts laughing.
Just a minor critique but it is a big deal to those of us with hearing opportunities.

Heard on the latest podcast today with his son that they had all new equipment. It definitely sounded better. For all of us combat vets, I appreciate the fact that when they bump the mic my heart rate doesn't increase because it sounds like some sort of enemy action...haha.

Heard on the latest podcast today with his son that they had all new equipment. It definitely sounded better. For all of us combat vets, I appreciate the fact that when they bump the mic my heart rate doesn't increase because it sounds like some sort of enemy action...haha.

Yup, new mic/headsets. And we're sending the podcasts off to be edited professionally. The reason we were using standalone mics before was that we had some complaints with the headset-mounted mics that when the podcasters bumped the cables, it would be noticeable on the podcast. These new headsets seem to control that noise better so we'll keep experimenting until we figure it out.

Love the podcasts, the show, these forums, all of it, so my criticism is purely constructive. This will sound weird to most, but I bet an hour or so with a voice coach would do wonders. Anyone who works with singers or actors would likely fit the bill. When you drop down and speak low from the back of the throat is when we have a hard time hearing you. Speaking from the front of the whole mouth throat area just plain carries a lot better. Some people are just structured with voices that carry, and some aren't. I have the same issue, but (I tell our staff at work this all the time) I am living proof that anyone is trainable.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back