Rage 2-Blade X-Tremes

Bowhunter60

For those of you who have experience or live in Idaho. I was talking to a hunting buddy yesterday and he mentioned the Rage 2-Blade is illegal for use in Idaho. I haven't seen that in the Regs, however, since that's what I use and really like, can anyone confirm this? Are they illegal in Idaho?

Last edited:
And should be in every state with elk hunting imo. At least for elk hunting.

Those huge blades will stop flat if your shot is too far forward and you hit shoulder blade.

Spent six days looking for two different bulls shot with big mechanicals. Never found either of them.

Those were six days of my time lost looking for others wounded game. I won't elk hunt with people using them because of it.

Turkey hogs and deer I bet they are great but for elk I think you are better off with a fixed blade.

And should be in every state with elk hunting imo. At least for elk hunting.

Those huge blades will stop flat if your shot is too far forward and you hit shoulder blade.

Spent six days looking for two different bulls shot with big mechanicals. Never found either of them.

Those were six days of my time lost looking for others wounded game. I won't elk hunt with people using them because of it.

Turkey hogs and deer I bet they are great but for elk I think you are better off with a fixed blade.

Good info Steve. In all honesty, on bigger game I do use fixed blades. My preference has always been Helix broadheads. They are by far the best I've used, for blowing through bone and heavy animals. Not to mention the fact that, mechanical broadheads have been known to fail to open on some occasions. So, that said, you can't go wrong with fixed blade, broadheads.

The only thing I use a Rage on is turkeys. A Rage 3 blade looks like it exploded in the bird. But, even on a turkey, the deployed blades bend, so I can't imagine using one on an elk. In MY opinion guys like expandables because they fly like field points and they don't want to take the time to broadhead tune their bows, or they just pick up their bow a week before the season and take a few shots to see if they're still on and go to the woods.

The only thing I use a Rage on is turkeys. A Rage 3 blade looks like it exploded in the bird. But, even on a turkey, the deployed blades bend, so I can't imagine using one on an elk. In MY opinion guys like expandables because they fly like field points and they don't want to take the time to broadhead tune their bows, or they just pick up their bow a week before the season and take a few shots to see if they're still on and go to the woods.

I agree with you John.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back