PEAX Equipment

MT archery elk partner?

Sioux33

I'll be heading to Central MT for the first week of archery season and possibly looking for a partner. I've got a general tag and had planned on going solo, but it'll definitely help my wife sleep better at night if I'm out there with someone else! I'm from MN, 32 years old, work out all year and am willing to work my butt off to kill an elk (i.e., we put on 96 miles in 8 days last year, if that gives you an idea). This will be my 3rd archery season in MT, we usually have 4 of us that go but this year I'm the only lucky one and I'd rather be chasing elk solo than sitting at work dreaming about it. I typically wait till later in September, but this is the only week I have open this year. I'm willing to spike out or hunt from a mobile base camp, whichever gives us a better chance. We've gotten into elk on a consistent basis the previous two years and have a good feeling about this year since I know the area pretty well now. If anyone's interested in teaming up, give me a shout and maybe we can make something happen!

Last edited:
What unit are you thinking of? I am lookoing at unit 411 for Sept. I wouldn't be able to do a whole week because I have to teach, but I can take 3 personal days. I grew up on the Iron Range, but now I live in Hardin. I have been shingling houses this summer to get into shape, and riding my bike. This will be my first elk hunt, and I am really only looking to go after a cow cuz I only have a general tag.

I'll be hunting region 5. This year between bzeman and billings. I might be willing to hunt with somone in that area

I'm not locked in on anything, and have only been able to get out and scout twice. In 98 I taught for a year in Bozeman. I really liked the Mystic lake area, and even saw deer, elk, and moose in there. I'm assuming that you will be on the south side of I 90. I am a total newb when it comes to elk, so I am open to whatever. Are you thinking of the Absaroka-Beartooth wilderness area?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back