Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Southwest Idaho Hunting Partner

BackcountryBowman

Hello all, this is my first day and first post on hunt talk, so if I do something wrong, my apologies! This year I hit the controlled hunts in Idaho pretty lucky and pulled a good bull and elk tag, as well as pronghorn. All of these hunts are any weapon and mostly take place between the middle of October and the end of November. Wanted to know if anyone else drew tags in unit 42 or 44? I would like someone to have an elk or deer camp with this year. Hunting solo is fun and historically, I tend to have more success, however there is definitely something missing. I plan on taking as many days in a row as I can and doing a spike camp.------ If you didn't happen to get drawn, I still plan on purchasing a second tag for both deer and elk at the non-res price. This way I can still hunt archery. Looking at the pioneer zone or perhaps the Mccall zone again. I Thanks hope to hear from a few of yall soon!
I live in the treasure valley.

I've hunted 44 in the past. Very fun place to chase deer and elk. I don't have a tag this year, but good luck!!

Thank you kindly! Did you make good harvests when you hunted it? I've never had a controlled hunt tag in idaho before.

I did. I had both the deer and elk tags for that unit in the same year. Shot a 7pt elk and a 5X4 mule deer. I hunted the deer early and the elk the last week of the season.

Awesome! Hopefully luck will be in my side this year. I plan on scouting the last week of september and first two weels of October. As far as I can tell, I can't see what good scouting would do in the summer where the elk arent going to be post rut

Good luck! Some weather in the high country would not hurt at all! While we saw elk up high, the big herds were below the snow on the open hills. The day after I shot mine a big bunch of them headed even lower and probably out of the unit...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back