Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

AZ Bull Elk Late Rifle Hunt 2016

MCoppock

Very happy to have been drawn this year for a Bull Elk tag in Unit 7E - which includes the Snow Bowl area outside of Flagstaff. I've been in the unit a couple times since being drawn and plan to be there at least a few days a month to learn what I can. Looking to find someone that would be interested in helping me with my 1st Elk Hunt. Have hunted deer, turkey and bear back in WI, but Elk hunting will be a new adventure. The dates for this rifle hunt are 11/25 - 12/1.

Congrats on the tag! I got drawn for a late bull too during the same time-frame in 6b. I'm inexperienced but would have been glad to help if I didn't have a hunt the same week. It's my first bull hunt although I have taken a cow out of 7w before. When you say includes Snow Bowl area, is it a peaks hunt?

I don't have much experience but know that is very tough hunt. not a producer of huge bulls but people do still kill them every year. good luck. the elk won't be up on the peaks or around snowbowl that time of year. they will all drop off in to the lower pinon and juniper country. find PJ covered canyons away from the roads and you should find them

Thanks, Congrats to you as well on drawing your tag. I have plenty of questions and will be searching the forum for answers, but if you'd like to keep in touch, maybe scout together, let me know. Thanks again.

Congrats on harvesting your Elk over the years. Thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to learn where the Elk might be during that late hunt so when I'm scouting I'm trying to figure out how far away from roads, hunters, etc. that might be. I'm heading up in 2 weeks for 3 days and will work the Winter areas you mentioned. Thanks again.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back