Idaho Elk B tag Salmon Zone PARTNER NEEDED

gozz21

Just got word I can get a good amount of time off this fall that would coincide good with an Idaho rifle elk hunt. I can get off Oct 26-Nov 8. I have been researching Idaho for a while and have some ideas of where to start.

Little about me:
-30 Years old
-This will be my first elk hunt
-Experienced with big game: ton of deer, a caribou, and red stag
-Physically fit but coming from Iowa so I am a flatlander
-Will do whatever it takes for success
-Have a cimarron for tent
-Comfortable shooting to about 350 yards with my 300 RUM
-Looking to backpack in for 5-6 days and try find elk, if nothing, move to a different drainage
-I love beer, but will hold off until we have an elk down to celebrate or we are done and then I will buy the beer before we head home
-Just looking for a legal elk to shoot

Looking for a partner
-Physically fit to hunt hard for more than a few days
-Can either ride with me from iowa or meet me up there
-Willing to dive in with the research and help me narrow down some drainages
-If we are together we can designate who shoots first every other day
-We can seperate whenever also
-We can both help each other pack out the animal whoever gets one
-If one of us kills an elk, we can split the meat so everyone helps and takes home some food

I am willing to go solo, but my wife likes the idea of having someone with me. I just can't talk any of my friends into ever committing to a hunt

If anyone is interested or can give tips or info on the salmone zone please PM me and we can exchange information

Thanks
Jason

Good luck. Don't be afraid to go solo. It beats staying at home. I went solo to MT last fall and came home with a deer. I enjoyed the solitude.

I sent you a PM with the hunt that I went on last year. I tried posting it on here, but it would not go through.

I may have some info for you but I'm a little busy at this time. What part of Iowa are you from?

Northeast Iowa. Feel free to PM me whenever you have a chance. Thanks for the help

Looks like a fun hunt. I might be game. Im 36 living in S.Iowa. How much are tags? Im really wanting to do a hunt out west....

Tags are 415 and license is 150. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are interested

I am not from Idaho but have been researching the state pretty heavily for future hunts. Some of the reports I have read is the Salmon zone has low elk densitie now because of wolves. Perhaps an Idahoan can elaborate further. You may want to shift your sights to Colorado.

I am not from Idaho but have been researching the state pretty heavily for future hunts. Some of the reports I have read is the Salmon zone has low elk densitie now because of wolves. Perhaps an Idahoan can elaborate further. You may want to shift your sights to Colorado.

The wolf stuff is probably a bit over hyped. Certain areas have been hit fairly hard but I wouldn't put too much stock in internet fear mongering. I've done really well in Idaho over the past ten years in areas that people claim have been decimated.

The wolf stuff is probably a bit over hyped. Certain areas have been hit fairly hard but I wouldn't put too much stock in internet fear mongering. I've done really well in Idaho over the past ten years in areas that people claim have been decimated.

I'd suggest Colorado.....

Colorado season doesn't fall well with my schedule. I am going to Idaho and if I don't get anything its no big deal. Just like to be out there in different country. Still putting it all together. If anyone has any tips for Salmon zone I could sure use them. I have another call to the local game warden this week that will hopefully help me out. I am scouting on google earth right now and on the Idaho game and fish website.

Slim here, In the Id regs they show which areas are meeting the elk management objectives. But if you know an area well, like it sounds like TheTone does... I am trying to decide where to go as I was unsuccessful for a controlled hunt. I am looking at bowhunting the panhandle region. Any thoughts Tone? I can get into the backcountry with my horse. Thx Slim

Back