Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Youtube frustrations?

Joe Hulburt

Am I the only one who has a hard time uploading and publishing videos to Youtube? It took me 24 hours to get my latest bear hunt video into Youtube now it has been in limbo (processing) for 12 hours. It's 6 1/2 minutes long. Is there a paid membership option that helps with the processing?

I'm about ready to try Vimeo but for video of this size they require paid membership. Is it worth it?

Vimeo is way better than Youtube from what I have seen when I published videos to the 'net. I think Vimeo paid account was maybe $24 per year. I believe the embed codes for Youtube may be better when embedding in a forum but I just posted links to mine so it wasn't a big deal. Most of my stuff was Internet Scouting tutorial stuff made with Camtasia (screen capture).

Last edited:
Depends on if you want it "searchable." Vimeo vids will not get the search that YouTube vids will get, just because Google owns YouTube.

I have both. As for ease of uploading and viewing experience, I prefer Vimeo. If not for needing to get out vids out to as many places/people as possible, I would be loading more stuff on Vimeo.

For it to take 24 hours is pretty long. Our episodes on a slow connection take about 8 hours. On a fast connection, less than an hour. YouTube completes the processing in less than an hour, once the upload is complete.

Please share that link when you get it done. I really want to see this hunt. It is high on my list to do someday.

Thanks for the feedback guys! It is finally at 63% on Youtube. I think the issue is at least in part due to my aging iMac. Should be done in a few hours.... I will probably try Vimeo later on.

I will definitely post the video when I get it finished Randy. If you decide to do the hunt by all means hit me up if you have any questions. You can draw the tag every year with 0 points. You are welcome to come join me some year if you would like. It would be great to see some professional camera folks really capture this hunt.

Great video, thanks for posting. Liked the editing and the written updates.

Thanks for posting. Well done video. Looks like it worked the way its supposed to.

What do I think? I think I've been missing the boat by not making a trip to Oregon to hunt spring bears. That is a whopper and I suspect is a bit toward the XL end of the size spectrum. Congrats. Great video segment.

Thanks guys! We have a really long and productive growing season here on the Oregon Coast. I don't think these big mature boars hibernate at all. I had to fillet fat off this guys back to get to the back straps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back