Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Letter from congressional representative

BrokenWing

Letter from my Republican representative regarding public land.
Thank you for contacting me regarding public lands. I appreciate your input on this important issue.

The federal government currently controls in excess of 640 million acres, or almost one-third of the total land area of the United States. Much of this public land is restricted to very limited uses and has been locked out of the energy renaissance experienced on state and private lands in recent years.

The federal government should allow access to our vast energy resources and begin to turn over control of public lands to the private sector, where it can be used for energy production, recreation, or preservation. I will continue to monitor the debate surrounding the use of public lands and will keep your views in mind should a bill concerning the issue make its way to the House floor.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of any assistance.

My response (good or bad). I've gotten this form letter from him twice now.

Mr_____-

The RNC has taken the wrong side of this issue. We have a unique model of conservation and preservation of wild spaces in this country which is literally a marvel to the rest of the world.

Turning the land over to state and private interests ensures this great model evaporates.

Please note that in survey after survey, the number one issue keeping hunters "out of the field" is access. The RNC's platform position of liquidating public lands will severely limit access to the point of destroying hunting in the United States. People fear the model of the "King's deer" that we escaped from England, but it seems you and your fellow republicans are hell-bent on returning to a system where only the wealthy are afforded access.

I would be careful of this position as it seems that the RNC is uniquely positioning itself as the anti-hunting party in the U.S. Your defense of gun ownership is welcomed but I have constitutional protections of firearm ownership. What I do not have is protection of my public spaces as a taxpayer. I ask you to reconsider your position on public lands with these ideas in mind.

I have never voted for a non-RNC candidate on the national stage. This issue and the RNC's staunch platform position on it is changing my political affiliations. Again, please reconsider.

Thank you for your time and kind regards.

Good response.

Don't know why your protecting the guys ID. Would be curious to at least know what state he reps. A real concern to me is the amount of non-western R's that quietly support this idea unbeknownst to their constituents.

Good job, I just sent another letter to my senator - Rob Portman. I haven't received a reply from the previous letters yet though. I guess he doesn't want my vote in his upcoming race against Strickland.

Could be a copy of the e-mail I got from Rep. Steve Pearce/NM.
It's your Basic thanks for your interest, fool..........now let business develop public lands as they see fit & let de-regulation continue to erode public protections.

He's just so busy.......had to halt his personal round the world flight attempt in his own plane yesterday.
Has his priorities straight for sure.
I think NM has dropped to the bottom of the pond once again after getting partway to the surface.
.....but what the heck ,I got mine,and will continue to due so.....I'm protected by big business.

I'm just a Fool,a Peon,Un-informed Public & hence part of the problem,like those pesky regulations.....

Last edited:
Good work Brokenwing.

I think that may be the only way to get these people's attention to say you won't vote for their party any longer. Well done, clear and concise. I have yet to write my representatives on this topic, but need to get on the ball soon

I debated putting name, but at the end of the day it's the whole RNC and its of little import who it is.

His initial letter to me was a response to a TRCP or BHA call to action email. I think these are important from a volume perspective but the message is lost on their staffers who chew it up and spit it out.

I'm hoping the personal message stings a bit more. Probably not. But worth thinking about anyway.

Excellent response BrokenWing and, yes, I believe that the more personal messages can bring more attention and be more effective when being read by a staffer and (hopefully) the actual elected official.

That type of letter is very effective. Maybe not immediately, and maybe not by itself. But, over time, and as the message is echoed by others, the ability for them to deny your position decreases. Great work.

I wrote e-mails to my Wyoming Senators, Barrasso & Enzi. All I got in return was a "We know what's best for the citizens of Wyoming" type response. They didn't answer any questions I asked. Pretty much a "Shut-up and Trust us" response. They both seem to be holding firm on their land transfer to the States position. Typical GOP stance.

Back