Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

"Buffalo hunters" are back!

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
It's about to get serious boys. The "buffalo hunters" are back. This time they don't want your buffalo, they want your land.

To those inclined to think this is not a serious well-funded attempt by some very professional political organizers might wake up some day wondering where their hunting ground went to.

This election will be a single issue election if the Republican candidate is pushing for the transfer. They are trying to steal our federal land!

When they throw around "climate change, drought and domestic energy development", it tends to drown out the voices of the hunting, fishing and outdoors enthusiasts.

The threats real and if successful, a fatal blow to everything sportsmen have always enjoyed and envisioned for their kids, grandkids and all future generations. Once your public lands are gone, they're gone, (and they won't be coming back). Vote wisely please, and if you ever come across one of these pro-transfer creeps stuck in the mud, snow, out of gas, or otherwise broke down and in need of assistance, consider flipping them the bird and moving on.

Thanks for the link, Randy. I was looking for a good article on this issue to throw up on Facebook and you found it for me.

A couple of weeks ago I attended a seminar slash Q and A program called harnessing our power at the SCI convention in Vegas, the panel consisted of montana representative Zinke, senator Daines, Michelle Bachman, Ivan Carter, a representative from the professional hunters association in Africa and a fellow from Europe. It was mainly a discussion about how hunting is evolving in this world of social media. Before I get to the public land question Michelle Bachman brought up a good point to the division among us sportsman that we are all guilty of sometime probably, the traditional archer or muzzleloader to the compound bow and inline guy, the public land hunter vs the private land hunter vise versa, and especially the gun nut dude and the sportsman who believes theres no reason for a AR in the cabinet. Rant Over sorry.
Back to the SCI show, the president of the wyoming sportsman alliance I believe it was asked the question regarding the transfer of public land which he stated the alliance is very much against towards the Montana delegation. The answer from Zinke was well more of a political answer to the point there really was no point in his answer but a general don't need washington telling Butte what it thinks is right. Now Senator Daines cut the BS out and said it can't and won't be done under his watch and how the courts have ruled in the past, but he did say there needs to be some management changes made which I agree with.

I don't think there was ever an election with so many things at stake that are considered "now or never again" issues.

Hunters need to unite on this issue, but even more important, the large orgs hunters give their money to need to unite in opposition. Companies that sell outdoor gear need to speak up. It's time for the bat signal.

IMO, one of the primary reasons the push for transfer in state legislatures ended up with its d!ck in the dirt was because of the leadership in opposition of powerful groups like the RMEF, BCHA - even interest groups like The Wood Products Association. It's time for all hands on deck. We need to hear from the Cabelas and the REIs of the country. Their bottom line is effected by this as well. Gun companies, tent and backpack manufacturers, fu$&ing Mountain House - every last one of em needs to get in the fight.

Because of the passion of their followers, if the NRA were to speak up in the name of our public lands legacy their power alone could probably deal a knockout punch to this garbage. All the while they claim to have hunter's interests in mind yet sit idly. Their silence is telling.

Cold dead hands.

Because of the passion of their followers, if the NRA were to speak up in the name of our public lands legacy their power alone could probably deal a knockout punch to this garbage. All the while they claim to have hunter's interests in mind yet sit idly. Their silence is telling.

The NRA getting off the sideline will cause the vast majority of easterners that currently don't care at all about this issue to suddenly pay attention.....along with their elected officials that loudly, proudly trumpet thier "NRA ratings". Looking at you Senator Shelby......

Let's be honest. Transferring is just a step for more crony capitalism and people need to wake the H up on this.
Cold Dead Hands Issue!

First, I have issues with the (we're all hunters and we all need to get along BS) I don't agree with the Ted Nugent High Fence crowd or the Sarah Palin America Love it or leave it crowd, or the Long Range Pursuit crowd or the Throw Some Corn on the ground and shoot a big buck crowd, just to name a few. I especially don't like the drive my ATV anywhere I damn well please crowd just cause God gave me a thumb to push the throttle. Their choice of weapons, modern v. traditional, rifle v. muzzleloader, or whether they hunt private v. public, DIY v. guided is really not an issue with me.

If it's not Fair Chase ethical hunting it ain't hunting. It's something else, grocery shopping, shooting, killing maybe, but it ain't hunting, not in my book.

Just where do Zinke and Daines stand? Correct me if I'm wrong but both have been all over the map on the Land Transfer idea haven't they. They kind of stick their finger in the air to see which way the winds blowing.

It's time for the bat signal.
giphy.gif

Damn straight.

CDH...

It's time for all hands on deck. We need to hear from the Cabelas and the REIs of the country. Their bottom line is effected by this as well. Gun companies, tent and backpack manufacturers, fu$&ing Mountain House - every last one of em needs to get in the fight.
I just don't hear much. These companies need to be running national ads. Hindsight isn't going to be useful.
Also the privatizers are winning the Facebook fight these org's need to step it up!

so which republican candidates are exactly against the transfer of federal lands? I know Trump said he was against it to Field and Stream, but can his statement be trusted? Trump certainly looks like the only republican candidate who even has the idea of keeping our federal lands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back