Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

East tx

JmmgBOWhunter

Going whitetail hunting open weekend. Have been scouting area since end of May when flooding stopped (think deer are back to normal). Have some good bucks on trail cams. I have only hunted once before, but I am really good with my bow.

How has your hunting gone? Been a slow year so far for me (over here between Dallas and Tyler). Just can't seem to get everything working, as either the camera has gone bad, feeder quit , or I haven't had the chance to get out> Now, we are a bit on the wet side, but I still hope to get out in the next few days.

Had no luck last year. How about you? I am think of changing locations to north of Houston. It doesn't seam so bad this year with the rains. You know any good public land spots?

I've hunted Sam Houston Forest 3 of the last 4 years with success 2 of the 3 years. Nothing big, a 6 pointer one year and an antlerless another year (be sure to apply for antlerless tags ahead of time).

The whole forest is usually like a parking lot on opening weekend, then dead the entire rest of the season. Just stay outa my spot! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back