Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Public Lands Rally February 12

6speed

Idaho Public Lands Rally at the capital at noon on Thursday February 12. TRCP, BHA Idaho Bow hunters and may more are promoting this. We should do our part and attend.

Interesting article on the topic in today's newspaper. I don't think this movement will go anywhere. Its mostly the tinfoil hat contingent of the Idaho Republicans that are pimping it, with very limited popular support. Governor Otter tried this same thing over a decade ago and promptly got it crammed up his cram hole by voters.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/bois...earned-idahoans-treasure-access-public-lands/

I don't think this movement will go anywhere. Its mostly the tinfoil hat contingent of the Idaho Republicans that are pimping it

I hope your right on the first, and you're absolutely right on the second. However, "All that is necessary for the triumph of [this lunacy] is that good men do nothing."

With the amount of bad legislation coming out of the statehouse the last couple years it would be good to remind them who their constituents really are and that some of us are paying attention.

Any of you going, for sure? If so, PM me for my cell number so we could possibly meet up.

I also put *6speed's* post in the Community Section (Idaho).

I'm still trying to switch things around at work to go. I should know tomorrow.

My attempt to get of work was stymied but it looks like there was a decent turn out. Thanks to everyone who attended from those of us who couldn't.

How many were at the event? I haven't heard or seen any mention of the rally in the news.

Didn't see any numbers, but my guess is about 150sh. Didn't talk to anybody who used public land for recreation other than sportsmen. Hmmm
Idaho State Senator Stennett did walk over to the park to speak with those of us there. JMHO, she sounded like she had her ducks in a row regarding public lands.[

QUOTE=Sawtooth;2419126]How many were at the event? I haven't heard or seen any mention of the rally in the news.[/QUOTE]

Idaho State Senator Stennett did walk over to the park to speak with those of us there. JMHO, she sounded like she had her ducks in a row regarding public lands.

I like her. She's one of two legislators that replied back to me a couple of years ago when the bonus/preference points bill was working its way though the legislature.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back