MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

National Sportsmen land transfer/sale petition

joelweb

In case you haven't seen it, a coalition of sportsmen groups and businesses is working to put an end to the notion that transferring or selling our public lands is a good idea.

The coalition is building and delivering a sportsmen's petition to state legislatures, governors and members of Congress. All public lands sportsmen should consider signing.

Check it out here: http://sportsmensaccess.org/

I'm bringing this thread back up since it's the only one I found on the site linking to sportsmensaccess.org. I have been looking on their site, trying to find a complete list of the coalition members. All I can find is the rotating carousel banner in the middle that shows 5 at a time. I'd like to see a list that would quickly show who has joined this effort and which organizations or companies are absent. Can anyone help me locate such a list?

The only way to stop it from happening is to vote the politicians out of office that are pushing the issue.

I'm bringing this thread back up since it's the only one I found on the site linking to sportsmensaccess.org. I have been looking on their site, trying to find a complete list of the coalition members. All I can find is the rotating carousel banner in the middle that shows 5 at a time. I'd like to see a list that would quickly show who has joined this effort and which organizations or companies are absent. Can anyone help me locate such a list?

The parent Org:

http://www.trcp.org/

I sent it and following is the message received from a Montana legislator. 'No surprise here.
States can and would manage these lands for the benefit of the people and the wildlife. Please stop listening to the Greendecoy environmental groups.

Thank you,
Rep. Kerry White
HD 64

Sure the states will manage for everybody. In NM you can't camp on state trust land. You can't go on state trust land unless you have a hunting license. Access is controlled by the lessee. You can only scout a few days before the season for which you hold a license. You can't send your friend that doesn't have a license to go scout an area for you. And to top it off, one person, the State Land Commissioner, gets to decide all the rules. He answers to nobody. Just this last fall he raised the fee for hunters by 10x. He could have just as easily said "no hunting". He alone decides if he wants to sell state trust land.

In Colorado only a tiny fraction of state trust land can be accessed by public hunters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back