BF Goodrich Tires ???

buckykm1

I am looking for a new set of tires for my Silverado.
I am thinking about trying The BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Load Range E
Are any of you running them ?, How do you like them ?, how many miles should I expect to get out of a set ?.

It is either them or a set of Copper Discoverer ATP Load Range E.
I have ran the Coppers before and like them.
But I figure that I will ask for some opinions before I buy a new set.

Thanks
Kevin

I can't answer your questions but I just ordered a set of the T/A KO2's. They are supposed to have a tougher sidewall. I will have an opinion on them next week.

I'm running 10ply Coopers on my 2006 Silverado and they have 50,000 on them with about another 10,000 to go before I replace them with another set. I can't remember what the name on them is, but I had two replacement sets of Coopers on my 1998 Silverado with less plys, but similar performance and great mileage out of both sets too.

I just put a set of Cooper AT3s on my Dodge. Can't tell you much as far as wear. Traction and performance is good.

I can't answer your questions but I just ordered a set of the T/A KO2's. They are supposed to have a tougher sidewall. I will have an opinion on them next week.
I too just bought these a few weeks ago. Haven't had any real weather to try them out, that is........ until last night. We got about 14"-16" of snow here (in Michigan) and I was at the bar watching the game last night. Although the snow was not THAT DEEP on the roads, these tires (along with 4 WD) made the drive home pretty easy! I would recommend them if I was asked. You will probably like these as well as I.

I hear a lot of talk about the BFGs, but they are also $300.00 more for a set then the Coopers.
that is why I ask for some opinions to see if they are worth that much more ?.

Kevin

I hear a lot of talk about the BFGs, but they are also $300.00 more for a set then the Coopers.

Kevin

I've never been able to figure out a way to justify the extra $ for the BFGs to try them out.

I'm running the Cooper Discoverer ATPs on my truck right now and like them okay, and my wallet liked them as well.

Not the best mud tire in the world though, the BFGs are supposed to do better in that department. I had a pair of Bridgestone Duelers on my last truck and thought they were a little better than the Cooper Discoverer as well.

I drive 2 miles to pavement everyday on a pretty crappy road though and the Coopers get me there and back, just a little more spinning than I would prefer.

If a tougher sidewall is important, look at the Cooper STMaxx. I can highly reccomend them. mtmuley

I have the BF's AT on my Toyota Hilux truck, i like them, not too noisy on the road, mine have lasted 40,000 miles and still have good tread on them, pretty good off road but the mud terrains are much better off road.

Cheers

Richard

We put Firestone Transforce (10 ply) on our suburban in November and I've been pleased with their performance so far. I travel some "minimum maintenance roads" (mostly gravel, but some scoria rock) in addition to highway and around town, they've been working well when it comes to ice/snow/slush/mud...haven't experienced much rain yet.

Had I realized that the factory tires were 4 ply, I'd of changed them to 10 ply long before rocks started punching holes in them during hunting season!

i bought a titan in nov of '05 and put bfg at on it the next day. they lasted 61k miles. I wanted to save some $$$ so I decided to put hankook dynapro atm rf10 on it. just traded that truck in and the hankooks had 72k miles and could get another 5k easily, maybe 10k. the ram I bought has street tires so I will be buying tires soon. hankook wins

Experience with BF Goodrich

Have driven nothing but Toyota Tacoma 4x4s since late 1970's. Toyota has always used BF Goodrich All-Terrains on each of these trucks. ALWAYS get 50-55,000 miles on each set IF rotated properly.:hump: In Calif. price per tire...$175.00.

Kevin

Thru Costco a set of 4 T/A KO2's is $762 complete for 265 75R/16. I have been going with Toyo's thru Les Scwab since they are everywhere out here and have excellent service but they are way higher. To me $762 is very reasonable which is partly what sold me. The older style KO's are on sale now since the KO2's just came out.

I am on my second set and I love them. I got about 65K on my first set and that was on a Ford 3/4 ton diesel. The current set has about 18K on them and I can just barely see some wear on a Ford 3/4 gasser. Snow/ice/mud traction is fantastic. Best I have ever had by far. They are a tiny bit louder than the Goodyears I had previously though.

I like the BFG's. I've run them on Rangers and F150s and they work great for me in snow and mud plus they seem to last pretty long mileage wise. ROTATE THEM OFTEN! I like the squared shoulder which gives a slightly wider footprint. None available the last time I needed tires but I'll have them on next time. I got 70K out of my last set.

I know a lot of people who run the BF A/T's and everyone seems to like them alright. I have heard complaints about wet weather conditions tho. Apparently the tread doesn't have a great water dispersal system because it's so blocky. I'm not really sure if that makes sense but it sounded logical when I heard it. I have been running the hankook dynapro atm and can't say enough good things about them. Really good grip in dirt and snow and pleasant to drive on the road. If I didn't have the hankooks, I would probably go with the toyo A/T or the cooper discover A/T.

I have had 2 sets of BFG mud terrain tires in 285/75/16 on my dodge truck. Last set was about $1200.
The extra tough sidewalls are great because we have a lot of sharp rocks where we hunt quail and chukar, and have never cut a sidewall. Where we deer hunt sometimes we have lots of mud and snow and the mudders are awsome.
On the downside they are noisey and I only get about 40,000 miles out of them.

I have Cooper discoverer AT3 on my tundra, I like them well enough. Smooth in town driving and good traction. Only problem I had was the mud caked to them and I had no traction while my buddy with some Firestones were almost clean, his tires kicked out the mud whole mine just rolled in on. I thought it was surprising given the deep lugs the cooper's have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back