Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rally for Public Lands - Montana

Ben Lamb

What: Rally for Public Lands
When: February 16th, High Noon
Where: Montana State Capitol. Second Floor Rotunda
Who: Montana Wildlife Federation, Montana Wilderness Association, Montana Chapter of the Nature Conservancy
Why: The Transfer of Public Lands is a hot button issue this legislative session. Powerful out of state interests are wooing our legislators to pursue a dangerous and economically disastrous path that would lead to excessive litigation and ultimately, if successful – less access and more taxes for Montanans. That’s why we’re jumping back on the bus and heading to Helena to fight back and make sure that the Legislature understands loud and clear that our public lands are not a toy for politicians and we don't tolerate their attempts to skin us from our own land.

The Rally be at high noon, on February 16th, 2015 in the Capitol Rotunda on the second floor. We are still lining up guest speakers but we do have a commitment from Governor Bullock at this time.

Buses are available for citizens who wish to take advantage of them. Please RSVP by calling the Bus Coordinator associated with the town from which you will depart:

GREAT FALLS

Pickup Time: 9:30AM
Pickup Location: Scheels Parking Lot, Holiday Village Mall, 1200 10th Avenue South

BUTTE

Pickup Time: 10:00AM
Pickup Location: Butte Plaza Mall, 3100 Harrison Ave

MISSOULA

Pickup Time: 9:30 AM
Pickup Location: CVS Parking Lot, 1914 Brook Street Shopping Center

BILLINGS

Pickup Time: 7:00AM
Pickup Location: Cabelas Parking Lot, 4550 King Ave

LIVINGSTON

Pickup Time: 9:00AM
Pickup Location: Albertsons parking lot, 2120 Park Street South

BOZEMAN

Pickup time: 9:30AM
Pickup Location: Kmart Parking lot, 1126 N. 7th Ave

Attachments

• MTRALLYPOSTER.jpg
    MTRALLYPOSTER.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,110
Me too.

Bring your war paint. There are between 25-50 bill draft requests on public land issues alone.

This petition went live yesterday and we're already over 450 signatures.

I see a ton of Hunt Talkers on there. Please consider sharing with your own social media circles and email chains, etc. We need to get this thing loaded up with as many montanans as possible:

http://mtgreatoutdoors.org/keep-it-public

We'll have a couple more announcements on speakers, buses, etc by next week. It should be a lot of fun!

Just had to bump this...I plan on going. I skipped elk hunting for the last one and I'll skip ice fishing for this one.

Forgot to mention that BigFin himself is the keynote speaker

Last edited:
I am working on getting a few guys together to make a rally/ice fishing trip. Hope to see you guys there

Gov. Bullock said tonight in his Montana State of the State address that he will veto any legislation transferring federal lands to the State of Montana. The Governor also vowed to preserve public access to public lands.

Gov. Bullock said tonight in his Montana State of the State address that he will veto any legislation transferring federal lands to the State of Montana. The Governor also vowed to preserve public access to public lands.

I think the best part of the speech was watching Debby Barrett try to stop Governor Bullock's heart using only her mind as he spoke about access and public lands.

Attachments

• Bullock.jpg
    Bullock.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 789
I plan to be in the Park this weekend and Helena on Monday. I might be a little stinky from sleeping in my pickup with GuNR, but who am I trying to impress anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back