Caribou Gear

Arts and Crafts

Bambistew

The boy and I did a little project this weekend... Skulls where cleaned up a while back, one last year, and one a couple months back. Never got around to putting the horns on tight until yesterday.

Drilled a series of shallow holes on the inside of the horns for the bondo to grip, then mixed up and squished em on.

Now to decide which one to mount. Only have one cape... Think I'll fip a coin. :)

Before and after.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 455
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 453
  • after 2.jpg
    after 2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 454
Betcha couldn't have done it without your helper!!!
Tough choice, I vote on getting another cape, of course then you would have another head, too.

Either would be grand! That reminds me, I have 3 heads in the freezer I need to get out and cleaned up this winter.

Man your a lucky guy to chase those suckers the skulls look great I'd mount both and find another cape.

I'll probably end up mounting both of them, but will have to use the next cape for the other one. That way I get to keep a set of horns lying around to fondle occasionally... and by occasionally, I mean about every day. You married guys will understand...

Next arts and crafts will be finishing the clean up and peroxiding a bear skull. Its been soaking for about a month and a half in the garage. The temps weren't ideal for maceration, but it still worked. The up side is the stink is pretty minimal.

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Groups of 3 are more visually appealing. You need another set of horns, and a wider shelf :)

Hopefully they're displayed where you can see them every single day. Only 230 more days before you get to do it again.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back