I need a ruling here

Ben Lamb

I'm putting this in money and finances because it's about equity with a spouse.

My wife is a gracious, understanding and saintly woman who was foolish enough to say yes when I proposed. So there's no backwards thinking on my end.

We just spent a lovely weekend in Spokane (It's a romantic hot-spot, google it, you'll see) before I disappear for 5 days chasing pronghorn and then another 2 weeks chasing deer & elk & wolves & bears & birds & etc. It was a pricey trip. Pricey enough to cover the spotter and the new GPS I've been craving.

Here's where I need a ruling: Do the DTI points I earned by lavishly spending on my bride translate in to a dollar for dollar match, or is it more of a $.50 on the dollar type of thing?

Can I just get the spotter or the GPS, but not both and only suffer 1/2 the wrath of an upset spouse, or should I just commit and get the spotter and GPS and tell her that I am the man and she must submit to my masterdom?

Only serious replies, please. I'm in a bit of a kerfuffle here.

Did you stay at the Davenport?

I've never gotten a dollar to dollar match.

Yes, in a Penthouse King Suite. We have an arrangement that says she gets to spend equally on what I do for guns, but I think I'm wading in to a grey area because I slept in said room as well.

I think you're pushing your luck with $.50 on the dollar. Consider the balance repayment on the debt you owe her for deciding to marry you like I do. :)

In my estimation, you can't include the Romantic weekend trip into the array of data since you were involved. If you try to include it, there is a high probability of said trip being tainted and removing the romance from said trip.

A solid course of action would be to purchase something else solely for the wife. Nominal value of purchased item can be less than the value from the spotter + GPS only if the intrinsic / emotional value of selected item is very high (ie - it's very thoughtful and romantic in itself).

Dude.......You're Screwed. Well, almost anyway, unless you take the money you thought you were going to spend on your 'new toys' and go buy her something just as expensive and something you absolutely know she is going to hate. Then when she returns it, that money becomes "free from spousal authority".

Now, you can go get what you need, just don't tell her and Do Not let her see it until, ohhhh, a year or three from now. Then when she asks "Where the Hell did that come from", you can honestly say, "Hun, I've had that for years".

(works for firearms as well)

We just spent a lovely weekend in Spokane (It's a romantic hot-spot, google it, you'll see)

My google results:

"15 year old boy shot in Spokane"
"Swastika painted on Spokane temple during holiday"

So this begs the question: What kind of romance are you into?:D

but I think I'm wading in to a grey area because I slept in said room as well.

Bingo, I think you cooked your own duck on this one.

At least that's what I'm hoping, so I can use taking my wife to Wyoming with me as credit going forward.

I am lucky mine doesn't even ask....she knows that my cheap side is enough to keep me in the realm of reasonable:)

It's one helluva lot easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission, at least with my spouse. Gunner46 has a good plan also. Tried it twice and worked both times. However, since she (who must be obeyed) has started to count the firearms in the house I ain't pressin my luck.

It's one helluva lot easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission, at least with my spouse. Gunner46 has a good plan also. Tried it twice and worked both times. However, since she (who must be obeyed) has started to count the firearms in the house I ain't pressin my luck.

Yeah, She Who Must Be Obeyed does the accounting in the House. She'd see the transaction within 48 hours.

Which gives me an idea: Purchase both on the way out of town Friday and then deal with it when she has a "girls weekend" the next weekend?

Which gives me an idea: Purchase both on the way out of town Friday and then deal with it when she has a "girls weekend" the next weekend?

Now you're gettin the hang of it.!

You're in dangerous territory, the logic of applying a "we got to spend this much for you, why can't we spend this much on me" theory only works in the most illogical of places (ie Congress).

I say go for it, dollar for dollar, that time away between you will let her come to her senses and realize your decisions were totally reasonable....or she'll toss your stuff out in the yard and burn it with a can of kerosene.

In my estimation, you can't include the Romantic weekend trip into the array of data since you were involved. If you try to include it, there is a high probability of said trip being tainted and removing the romance from said trip.

A solid course of action would be to purchase something else solely for the wife. Nominal value of purchased item can be less than the value from the spotter + GPS only if the intrinsic / emotional value of selected item is very high (ie - it's very thoughtful and romantic in itself).

So true! There's an old saying: "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Just keep her love bank full and you'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back