Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Public Lands Rally - September 27th

Ben Lamb

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers along with the Montana Wilderness Association are holding a Public Lands Rally on September 27th. The Rally is in Helena, MT at the State Capitol. Buses are currently being arranged and the schedule will be posted soon. As I understand, there will be buses from
Missoula
Billings
Bozeman
Butte
and possibly Kalispell.

To RSVP ( so there is an accurate head count), click on the facebook events page and you will be kept up to speed with developments as they occur: https://www.facebook.com/events/1471479189779397/

Let's raise the roof on this. The rally is in response to the attempts of out-of-state special interest groups who are tying to talk our politicians into giving away our public lands.

The Billings Gazette just today wrote a blistering editorial against the effort: http://billingsgazette.com/news/opi...1-95f9-ef1d15f16c89.html#.VAnmcnqftbw.twitter

It's time to stand and be counted, or risk losing your birthright - Public Land.

Attachments

• PLD_uncle-sam.jpg
    PLD_uncle-sam.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
Methinks that there will be a few folk out on public land on that Saturday...in late September...three days after a new moon.

I'll gladly trade one day in the field to protect the next generation's right to hunt and fish.

Anyone else?

Thanks for the head's up. Put it on my calender. Also, copied and posted to another hunting forum(bird hunting). We need to get out like we did to support the stream access law.

Federal lands belong to the American people — to folks in Missouri and Iowa, New York and Texas just as they do to Montanans and Wyomingites. Congress cannot simply give away the birthright of its citizens.

That is a great quote from the article.

Sweet!

Everybody bring some rain gear. Looks like we'll have a steady drizzle for the event.

Thanks for posting this Ben. I would give anything to be there. Unfortunately, I will be serving in my role as "nurse's aide" that day, and for the following two weeks.

Hope a lot of guys have filled their tags during archery season and can make it. Probably the most important issue I see on the horizon for the next five years.

I'm going to be in Portland, OR. At least the weather is supposed to be bad so everyone else has no excuse. These bus rides are a great way to get to know like minded people.

For those of us that cannot make it to Helena, what can we do.

Redwood, you can sign up for alerts from either Backountry Hunters and Anglers or the Montana WIldlife Federation to keep up to speed (or follow them on facebook). Letters to the editor against the transfer are always needed, as are individuals who are willing to personally reach out to their elected officials and talk with them about why this is a bad idea.

if anyone wants to send an LTE or meet with their electeds, feel free to pm me and I can get you in touch with folks who will help you with both.

It's forecast for 1/2 and inch of rain. We'll have wall tents and such for the food & speakers. Please bring a raincoat or umbrella. If you have not RSVP'ed for a bus ride, please do so at [email protected] or at [email protected]

Senator Tester (D) will be there to speak as will former Secretary of State Bob Brown (R). The final list of speakers is still getting figured out, but it looks like there will be one or two more. Speeches will only be about 5-10 minutes.

Let's make some noise and send the message loud and clear that our public lands are not for sale.

Attachments

• wwii-poster-bonds-to-have-and-to-hold.png
    wwii-poster-bonds-to-have-and-to-hold.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 250
Remind Tester the Notch he was going to trade away is public land.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back