Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Hunting alone in Co. unit 43 need partner

whereisthelift

I know its pretty late, but if anyone is interested in an archery hunt using Outwest Guides to pack into the wilderness above Marble Co. Pack in Sept 4 and out Sept 12.
No guide just a camp in the trees all set up and plenty of elk. Deer voucher is also available.
I'm going to go solo if necessary. bob

Bob, I wish this were for next year. I am planning on going OTC Archery Elk in 2015. It will be my first elk hunt in Colorado. I may have a partner or even two, but no one has committed as yet.
Please let us know how your hunt turned out. I am still on the fence about DIY, using a drop camp, or even just having an outfitter pack us in/out.
Thanks,
Jon

hunting unit 43

I did hunt unit 43. There were plenty of elk but I did not get a shot. I had a couple of close encounters but no ethical shot opportunities. The elk were not bugling much but they were using the wallows regularly. I am planning to go back to unit 43 next week after the muzzle loader season ends. I am planning to hike up on Placita Trail and try again. Unfortunately it will be another solo hunt. I am 65 years old and can hunt all day. Maybe we can go for archery again next year. This was my third year to go solo and my 5th solo hunt for elk since I tend to return to colorado for a second try the last couple of years.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back