Credit card reward programs

2rocky

I'm going to be doing a remodelling project and I will have a lot of expenses that I should be able to put on a Credit card.

I currently have a Capital One card where I get 1.25 miles per dollar spent. I've redeemed those miles for Cash up to this point...More or less 100 miles =$1

Wondering if I should get an airline card like Alaskan and get the 25,000 mile bonus at sign up, and wondering if the mileage exchange is worth it.

I don't buy enough from Cabelas to warrant their card, REI is about the same.

Any recommendations on playing the Rewards game?

I am not really a credit card guy, but found myself with the same questions a few years ago. I got the Alaska Airlines card and the sign up bonus. Whenever I have an expense that is more than a few hundred dollars, I use the card, then the next day pay it off online with a transfer from checking or savings. Closing in on 120,000 miles, which as far as I can tell is several round trip tickets to AK. Now all I need is the time to use them....do have some big plans for the near future. Also, the AA card gives you a $99 dollar companion ticket each year, that allows you to buy an additional ticket to wherever you are going for $99.

Also, whenever I travel for work or military, I use Alaska or Delta airlines as much as possible which adds the miles to your AA miles total as well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back