Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado's great Prairie Dog Massacre

EODRay

or Coyote thumping…….or something like that.

I have been sitting here since the end of September, living vicariously through all of you…..wishing I could head out to the fields for some one way hunting (where the prey doesn't shoot back). When I get back, about the only things that will be in season will be yokes and prairie dogs.

Reading about the Huntalkers bear hunt has really made me jealous of the great time that you are all sure to have. I feel like this forum has been a great support system for me this deployment and would love to get together with as many of you as I can for some kind of hunt/get together when I get back. There are quite a few Colorado Hunttalkers on here.

So this is what I was thinking. If any of you on here know a place in Colorado that we could spend a weekend shooting prairie dogs or whacking coyotes, I would love to do that. I have a 900 sq ft basement where I could house plenty of people and a camper with another 6 beds in it.

July 4th weekend could be a tentative date to start with. I usually have several of the guys from the unit over for a get together/bbq. We could do that Friday night and then go plink some critters on Sat and Sun. Anyone interested?

I can put you on prairie dogs and possibly coyotes down my way. I hear coyotes constantly in the grasslands, but haven't seen one yet. Plus I have a 5 bedroom house and couches.

I can put you on prairie dogs and possibly coyotes down my way. I hear coyotes constantly in the grasslands, but haven't seen one yet. Plus I have a 5 bedroom house and couches.

Sweet Cush, thanks for the offer. If we can't find something in the Springs area, we will head out to your neck of the woods. I think that the Springs would be more centrally located for traveling but it's good to know we have a for sure place to go. We are up to two now, who else is in. BTW being out of state doesn't disqualify you if you care to make a weekend road trip. Families are invited. It would be a good time to get young ones out shooting. I'm sure that Valarie (my wife) would be more than happy to meed any of your better 1/2's.

Mornin Ray! This sounds righteous - would love to meet you, buy you a beer and thank you! Shooting, camping and celebrating the 4th with a kickass soldier and a campfire, well that would be priceless sir.

Interested indeed. If I am not out of town, count me and the kid in.

Sweet Cush, thanks for the offer. If we can't find something in the Springs area, we will head out to your neck of the woods. I think that the Springs would be more centrally located for traveling but it's good to know we have a for sure place to go. We are up to two now, who else is in. BTW being out of state doesn't disqualify you if you care to make a weekend road trip. Families are invited. It would be a good time to get young ones out shooting. I'm sure that Valarie (my wife) would be more than happy to meed any of your better 1/2's.

Hey ya'll, keep me in the loop too. If I am not in IN for the time frame you settle on I am in!! I have a new 17HMR that needs to draw blood :) See ya soon Ray!!

Let me check with my dad, he just did some P-dog shooting somewhere.

I'm in! Maybe a jr. sniper too. I better start buying more .223....

EODRay Are you at Carson? If so you have a ton of coyotes right there on your door step. The last winter I was stationed there I tagged 8 on post. I know it's a pain with the process to be able to hunt on post but definately worth it. Plus turkey's coming up soon and there's great turkey on post too.

EODRay Are you at Carson? If so you have a ton of coyotes right there on your door step. The last winter I was stationed there I tagged 8 on post. I know it's a pain with the process to be able to hunt on post but definately worth it. Plus turkey's coming up soon and there's great turkey on post too.

I hunted turkey last year on Carson but the areas that I needed were closed every time I could get out there. I could definitely head out there for Coyote but I don't think it would work for a group thing like this. It would be a nightmare trying to get more than one guest on there to hunt.

Sounds like we are picking up a little momentum here. Sounds like I won't be shooting alone and we have some Hmmmm's and maybe's in there as well. Wonder if CSEHis gonna make it or if Cush's (his biggest competition) presence would run him off?

Ok, I can’t stand/love reading about the good time that the Hunt Talkers are having at Bear Camp in Montana. The following are the times and events that I have cleared with the wife for the 4th of July weekend:

Friday July 4th. BBQ at my house with some guys from the unit and any Hunt Talkers that would like to attend. I’ll probably just be having brauts and burgers as a tripped breaker in the deep freeze spoiled what venison I did have in there. Unless of course someone brings some.

Saturday July 5th. Prairie Dog shoot. Location undecided but as close to Colorado Springs as possible. Zack, any update from your dad about a possible honey hole of field rats? Again, invitation to my unit and any interested Hunt talkers.

Sunday July 6th. Motorcycle ride down to Bishop’s Castle or other 1-day ride locations. Invite to the same people.

The wife wasn’t as comfortable as I am with a group of strangers staying in the house. She is fine with them staying in the camper though. The camper has 6 beds (1 queen, 2 doubles and three singles). That means that 6 could sleep in their own bed or 9 could sleep if you double up. There are also campsites close to the house where we will be setting up the camper if not in front of the house.

Any and everyone is invited along with wives, kids, etc. I would like to meet as many of you as possible.
This is what I have for feedback so far.
Cush is down and will be lobbying for his current run at CSEH
SFC B is coming if he’s in town
Zack will probably do the ride and may bring a young hunter to the p-dog shoot
Dustinf would like to is he has any allowance and kitchen pass left after the bear hunt.
O2bfishn is a hmmmmmm.
Putm2sleep is interested and will buy me a beer if he’s able to make it.

So who else is coming?

Hell yes I will EODRay. More than one sir.
>>I don't ride, and laughed out loud when you said the wife is not comfortable with Hunt Talkers around or staying over. My wife said the same thing :) I said these guys kickass honey. Good folk forum here.
My son and I would love to meet you, thank you, and do a shoot. Saturday the 5th of July is on the calendar.

I'll check today on the doggie grounds, but it sounds like he was an invite through a friend.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ok, I can’t stand/love reading about the good time that the Hunt Talkers are having at Bear Camp in Montana. The following are the times and events that I have cleared with the wife for the 4th of July weekend:

Friday July 4th. BBQ at my house with some guys from the unit and any Hunt Talkers that would like to attend. I’ll probably just be having brauts and burgers as a tripped breaker in the deep freeze spoiled what venison I did have in there. Unless of course someone brings some.

Saturday July 5th. Prairie Dog shoot. Location undecided but as close to Colorado Springs as possible. Zack, any update from your dad about a possible honey hole of field rats? Again, invitation to my unit and any interested Hunt talkers.

Sunday July 6th. Motorcycle ride down to Bishop’s Castle or other 1-day ride locations. Invite to the same people.

The wife wasn’t as comfortable as I am with a group of strangers staying in the house. She is fine with them staying in the camper though. The camper has 6 beds (1 queen, 2 doubles and three singles). That means that 6 could sleep in their own bed or 9 could sleep if you double up. There are also campsites close to the house where we will be setting up the camper if not in front of the house.

Any and everyone is invited along with wives, kids, etc. I would like to meet as many of you as possible.
This is what I have for feedback so far.
Cush is down and will be lobbying for his current run at CSEH
SFC B is coming if he’s in town
Zack will probably do the ride and may bring a young hunter to the p-dog shoot
Dustinf would like to is he has any allowance and kitchen pass left after the bear hunt.
O2bfishn is a hmmmmmm.
Putm2sleep is interested and will buy me a beer if he’s able to make it.

So who else is coming?

Dang it! I would love to come, but that is the worst weekend for me! I'm actually picking up the family to bring them to Santa Fe to finally live with me! And this has to be two of my favorite things, Prarie dogs and coyotes! If your looking for someone to go out and "test" the waters before then, let me know!

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.......

Longshot but maybe. No more days off to schedule means 24hrs of driving over that 3 day weekend, not sure if that will fly with the cookie baker but we'll discuss. Hate it when this work thing gets in the way of the impotint stuff!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back