Third Date and open Antelope tags.

Wyoming Sage

In 1990 I was on my third date with my girlfriend/now wife and she stayed over..I got up that Saturday and told her I had some tags to fill and this was the last weekend. She was directly from Tennessee and not that used to hunting. I asked if she wanted to go and she said yes. Well she thought I was going out to smooch or something and I had the last 4 of 9 tags left to fill. Back then in my area I could get 1 Buck and 8 Doe tags. Well we got out there and she was taking in the area and oooohing and awwing over it. I said there are some and she saw the first wild, live Antelope of her life. I got out of the truck and off handed a mature doe and yearling fawn. She just looked at them out of the pickup and said nothing. She got out and I drug them back one by one dressed them and cut them up on the tailgate, she wasn't saying much, just looking. I got my two more and we drove home. She even continued to see me and went out Deer hunting and was there when I got my Cow Elk also that fall, we are still married and cut up many a game animal on the tailgate of a pickup. She later said she had never seen anything harvested or much such a pretty animal as that and she wondered what had she got herself into???? She now has my old 7mm with the stock shortened and if it stops at out to 400 yards it hers, but that is another story. She got ruined by the huge amounts of animals we could harvest for the next few years and I was younger and could find them alot easier for sure. She like me remembers the great hunting we all used to have here.

Thanks for sharing.

Haha, I think more people should follow your lead and use your ultimatum strategy on the 3rd date to decide if they are a keeper or not! Then they will understand why you can't have kids during hunting season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back