Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Social Security

idnative1948

Decided to check my current statement (online) today. Was setting up my profile and answering the questions. Got to the bottom and hit submit and was told I had input incorrect information and could not try again for 24 hours.
I know the one I got wrong (on purpose) was the question where you are given several auto license numbers and are to choose the one associated with you. Where do they get your automobile license number? Hmmm...

I used to get statements in the mail from them telling me how much I'd get based on my salary history...but it doesn't seem like I have gotten one in a few years.

but it doesn't seem like I have gotten one in a few years.

You're right. The SSA quit sending out annual paper statements a couple of years ago if you were under 60 (iirc) years old.

I recommend you go online and take a look at it every year to make sure they have your earnings reported correctly. If you're missing credits that you've earned your benefit will be reduced.

D Where do they get your automobile license number? Hmmm...

Don't tell me you were dumb enough to give that info to the government when you registered your car? :D

A credit card company asked me several questions like that the other day when I was reporting a lost card. They said it was public information. Probably better than asking your mother's maiden name.

Your license plate comes from the Obamacare system which gets it's data from the NSA database. SOP, nothing to worry about.

Wait until you start to draw your Social Security and then you'll discover that the statement showing your benefits is a damn lie in the first place, and that it will take you anywhere from a year to five years to begin drawing your benefits, especially if you become disabled! Sure, it's accurate about the amounts you have paid into the program; but it certainly isn't truthful about how much you'll actually get back in monthly payments. After it took me 62 months to get my disability approved, I'm actually receiving about $700.00 per month LESS than my last statement (received 3 months after my strokes) showed I was supposed to get. Then on top of that my attorney received double the maximum legal compensation for handling my case, and I've been unable to recover the excess payment from the law firm.

BTW, the longer it takes to settle your claim, the larger the initial back payment amount, so the larger the payout to the attorney. Under the Social Security laws, the maximum amount the lawyer is entitled to is $4,999.00; but if the case is settled in a shorter period of time and the back pay is smaller the minimum amount the law firm can receive is $1200.00. The lawyers have no incentive to represent you in a quick settlement since they can earn more by allowing it to drag on with the appeals. You are actually better off getting your doctors to write a brief for the appeals court, outlining why you are disabled and unable to return to work; rather than hiring an attorney.

Back