Idaho Deer & Elk 2014

IDsageStalker

Looking for someone with elk hunting/back country hiking/camping experience to do a rifle or bow hunt with Fall 2014. I'm an Idaho resident and live about an hour south of boise now. I am 28, and an athletic 6'0 & 220lbs (run 3-6 miles 3 or more times a week). I have plenty of hunting gear and working on acquiring more camping equipment. I'm an experienced hunter just not alot of back country experience. I moved here from pennsylvania (not alot of remote wilderness there) three years ago when my wife was stationed here in the Air Force, and have had a difficult time finding serious hunting partners, or I make some and the air force ships them somewhere else. I have shot three mulies, and three whitetails since getting to Idaho. I study my maps, hunt smart, do my research, and take planning seriously. I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes not pull my weight. I was thinking over the counter tags, combo deer and elk. salmon area maybe since deer, elk, bear, and mountain lion are all open in that time frame. I enjoy having a pocket full of tags, and being opportunistic. Also, I know a few locals in that area who have filled their tags the past few seasons and say the herds are doing well and the game is there if you're willing to work for it, but i'm open to changes in area.

Last edited:
You may get more replies if you add a little more info.
Bow or rifle?
Do you have all of your own gear?
What is your fitness level?
Have you done your homework ie why Salmon?

Im also here in Mt Home and have the same troubles. Every time i get a good hunting partner they PCS out of here. I have a goat hunt this year in the sawtooths so most of my time will be spent up there this fall.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back