Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First Post

Peter

Deer hunting in Florida is a challenging task. Any Florida hunters out there?

I live in Lake county, just south of the Ocala Forest, east of the Withlacoochee, and north of the Green Swamp. Lots of land to hunt, haven't seen a single deer after 3 mornings of hunting.Headed out this morn. Did you hunt here?

We did a lot of hunting in Goethe state forest just to the west of you. Pretty much stayed away from green swamp because of the amounts of people in there. Shot a few hogs there but that's it. Have you tried richloam? How long have you been hunting? Not seeing deer when it's 95 degrees during archery season shouldn't come as much of a surprise You will have to be right on top of their beds. With the amount of rain the family says has fallen you should be able to find some good funnel points around the flooded swamps tho.

I got a quota for a gun hunt in Goethe, early Nov. I've hunted 33years as an adult, three as a teen, and two as a pre-teen, all in Florida. Richloam has fallen into the hands of dog hunters and mud truckers. I've probobly killed 20 bucks, 20 hogs, 25 gobblers, who knows! I quit counting. I like Ocala forest and Half Moon, Lake Panasfkee WMA. I also hunted Ga. Al. for deer and turkey. Been to Colorado for a bull bow hunt, and Wyoming twice for a bull gun hunt. Still no bull, but I'll keep going till I get one. Any advice where to start at Goethe? Talk soon.

Nice! Welcome!! Still wanna shoot a hog, and a turkey for that matter. Damn buddy keeps beating me to them. But its all ok, would rather go and get nuthin than stay home. Again welcome!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back