Illinoisans west bound!

lilhooter

I'm a lifelong whitetail hunter in search of an adventure. I'm looking for some bowhunters in Illinois and western states that would be interested in connecting.

I just joined this sight looking for some intel on getting started hunting out west. I'm an avid bow hunter in missouri (about an hour west of STL just north of the Missouri River).

I've dreamed of bow hunting elk for years and going to cut my teeth on an elk rifle hunt in 2014 with my dad. I'm in the early planning stages but it is going to happen. After that I'm planning to go back each fall with my bow. Just joined hunting fool and going to play the points game in several states. All my local hunting buds are either poor, whipped, or very much out of shape. None of them are interested in big game hunts. Where a outs are you in IL?

I'm in Kankakee, IL. Facebook or twitter? I'm kind of in the same boat when it comes to hunting buddies.

I neither facebook nor twitter. This is the first forum I've ever entered a comment into. I read hunting a truck repair forums all the time picking up on tidbits of useful information but do not participate in forums on a regular basis for lack of available time. I spend too much time staring at a monitor each day at work and what little time I have left I'm hunting, fishing or spending time with the family.

I hear you. We can stay in touch on here, and maybe at some point we could meet up. I run a small archery shop, so I'm usually traveling around to shows. Maybe St. Louis will host something this winter or next fall. Wouldn't be too far for either of us to travel

kankakee and run an archery shop? you need to drop me a PM. from the kankakee area. and why do you need to find a place to hunt? go to grant park and hunt. same in momence. real good spots along the iroquois, also. hunted there for years. aroma park has some nice deer running around there, also.

I live in Illinois and New Mexico, I am Elk hunting solo this year which is fine but finding some guys to share camp would always be great.

Live in N Illinois and will be headed to Wyoming next week meeting a buddy of mine from N Illinois as he leaves Saturday......

From Eastern Illinois here. I am wanting to head out to Colorado this fall for a archery or muzzle loader elk hunt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back