Lifeproof bow mount

elkdiesel

Hey guys, I plan on doing some traveling this fall and would love to be able to film a hunt or two. I have an iPhone 5 in a lifeproof case. Has anyone seen, or better yet used a mount that attaches to your bow? Also what are some of the regulations for filming personal hunts?

Can't help you with the I phone as we use gopros. And as far as reulations it looks like you are hunting in MT witch there are permits you need for filming commercially put you don't need anything for personal filming.

Don't know where you plan to hunt, but keep in mind that it is illegal in some states to hunt with an electronic device attached to your bow.

Cabin fever is right....

Exclusions: The following archery equipment is prohibited during the Archery Season - ArchEquip only season:

Electronic or battery-powered devices attached to a hunting bow.
A bow sight or arrow which uses artificial light, luminous chemicals such as tritium or electronics.

NO GO in MT. Have to use the gopro with the head strap or chest mount....cannot have it attached to your bow.

Cabin fever is right....

Exclusions: The following archery equipment is prohibited during the Archery Season - ArchEquip only season:

Electronic or battery-powered devices attached to a hunting bow.
A bow sight or arrow which uses artificial light, luminous chemicals such as tritium or electronics.

NO GO in MT. Have to use the gopro with the head strap or chest mount....cannot have it attached to your bow.

Good thing you said that gunna have to call the game and fish and ask them, that is how its read tho NO electronics, but will ask if cameras are ok since they would not help you out in any way. Thanks for bringing it up may have saved me a ticket.

Thanks guys, I'm well aware of the regs in my home state, but thanks for the reminder. Like I said I plan on doing some out of state hunting and was curious what other states regulate. Thanks again.

This conversation came up with my buddy last night as he was practicing and put his go pro on his bow. I told him that the regs say you cannot have any electronic device on there while hunting, although we know that cameras were not the intention of this rule. He called the head office in Helena this am and talked to the warden. He said go for it. there is no way in hell any of my wardens would ever write a ticket for that.... just make sure you don't film yourself missing!.

Would this be a good enough answer for you guys? I would like to use a bow mount as I think that the head mount is kind of annoying sometimes.

After this and the orange for wolves during the archery season I think we need to have someone go over and re-write several of the regs to reflect the intention of the rules. I would not be worried about a game warden giving me a ticket in the field, however if I did get some good footage and wanted to share it on here or you tube I am fairly certain someone would want to be a hero and call it out for electronics on the bow.

Hof it sounds like you have covered your bases by calling the head warden and I'm no choirboy, but ''The rules are the rules''. There's lots of those ''Silly'' little rules out there. I know when I go out of state to hunt I make every effort not to break the house rules.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back