Caribou Gear

Vortex Viper Spotter - price cut by $150

the add says its e d glass and x r coated,,,i sent them a e-mail to confirm for sure before they ship it? are there differences between ed glass or hd ed glass?it appears to be about a $300 difference between the hd version.

I was wondering the same thing? I was going to purchase the same spotter as you. Do you think it is worth the cash for the HD version?

I confirmed with them today and it does have the e d glass,, according to them there is e d glass and high densidy e d glass versions,,,thus the hd model. even though it isnt the hd e d glass model at nearly another $300 im gonna give these a try beins they are e d glass,xr coated,ect.at $350 they should be pretty nice for what they are.not swaros but not big $ like swaros either.

I was wondering the same thing? I was going to purchase the same spotter as you. Do you think it is worth the cash for the HD version?

I would not buy any scope without ED glass. There is a difference but some companies charge too much for the upgrade.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been thinking of picking one of these up, and I couldn't help myself at that price.

My buddy just picked up this spotter (the straight model in 80mm) for $350. We have used it twice scouting in the last week, I'll just say for the $ it's a very good buy. You did good.

just got em in today,,,they look pretty good,,,but do not have the h d version to compare them too,,,apparently there are 2 types of e d glass they told me,,,reg e d and high densidy e d.,,,ill have to do a side by side vs my nikon e d 50 scope tomorrow.they are not swaros but for the price i think they are pretty good.

I sat on a hill from about 4pm till dark last summer glassing elk with a buddy who had the viper hd 65mm spotter. My ed50 with the 13-40x eyepiece took that viper out behind the shed for a whoopin so to speak. He sold it and now we both have the ed50 and ed60 each and are very happy.

I'd even put that ed60 against the razor. Until I can afford a swaro it will have to do tho.

Take them out side by side at dusk and let us know what you think.

I'd even put that ed60 against the razor. Until I can afford a swaro it will have to do tho.

I'd love to try out either of the nikon ed's, I've heard great things. Cabelas had them for like $600 until they were gone I think but I didn't jump on it soon enough.

Came back from out of town and mine was waiting for me. I am really impressed, does everything I would need it to do. Huge upgrade from the bushnell elite that I had. My home office looks out across the Henrys Fork of the Snake toward the Tetons, and even in low light there is excellent clarity at very long distances. I am no expert, but very happy with this scope. Good luck everyone, 15 days to archery season!

i did my side by side comparison today and found that my new vortex is much clearer than my nikon pro-staff 20-60 82 spotter"non e d glass"and is more compact beins its a 65 mm,,,but side by side against my nikon e d 50,,,the nikon e d 50 is a better and clearer than the vortex 65 mm,,,for the $350 price though its a pretty good deal,,,easily beat my nikon pro-staff 82 mm and it was about $430 and is heavyer,,,my nikon e d 50 wins out of all three but it was around $750 also////conclusion ive come up with is its a nice mid sized spotter and very good for the $350 price////i dont think the glass is as perfect as my nikon ed 50,,,and the e d 50 is clearly the lightest for back pack use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back