Red desert wyoming

Hunter&Huntress

Got out last weekend to the Red desert. Saw lots of wild horses, antelope, badgers, and a few elk. Couldn't get close enough to get the elk on camera. Got one antelope buck don't know how big he is but he is a shooter in my book any day.

Attachments

• antalope 1.jpg
    antalope 1.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 2,010
  • antalope 2.jpg
    antalope 2.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 1,319
  • badger1.jpg
    badger1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 1,305
  • badger2.jpg
    badger2.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 1,435
  • beauty1.jpg
    beauty1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 1,589
  • beauty2.jpg
    beauty2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,512
  • canyon.jpg
    canyon.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 3,101
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 1,309
  • open country.jpg
    open country.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 1,718
Great photos.

There's some decent fishing down on Red Canyon Ranch. Loved living in Lander. Great place to be a kid.

The Red Desert is a remarkable piece of country as that pronghorn buck shows.

Good job on the pictures. I really enjoyed seeing them and the wild horse pictures remind me of seeing them in that part of Wyoming. On my last trip, antelope hunting, in that area I witnessed a vicious fight between two stallions. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for posting.

That black horse would make a fine mount.
I agree! But not the kind with a saddle attached, but stuffed with foam...

Neat country! I've yet to be 'there', but I've spend alot of time in similar country. Very fun places to spend time.

Badgers don't give a flying f*#k! Crazy cool critters.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the pictures. My wife and I got a new camera earlier this summer but this was the first chance we really have gotten to play. I also love this area of Wyoming it is a very unique area with all the wildlife that can survive there. Hopefully will be posting more pictures of our up coming adventures!

My grandfather used to run a ranch on the Red Desert. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back