MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

LF Partner for Waterfowl in CA

couturec23

Hello all... I was just looking for a hunting partner that has experience with the public areas to duck hunt in California. I am willing to travel to the Central Valley or Northern California. I have never been hunting unfortunately and I am quite excited for this upcoming season. I have shot guns most of my life and own a Remington 870, Glock 23, and Mosin Nagant. About to purchase another 870.

A little about myself...

27 Male...
From San Diego
Navy Veteran. Did 6 years from 2004-2010.
Grew up in North Carolina
Have a wife and 16 month kid
I have done a lot of Trap Shooting and I am about to join a league to get prepared for season.

Reason I am looking for an experienced partner is due to the fact I am a student atm and going through flight training so I am unable to afford these 250-400 dollar outfitters to take me on a hunt on their private land. I also feel that kind of defeats the purpose of hunting.

I know the season starts in October and goes through January so I am up for anytime other than major holidays.

Well thanks a lot everyone for your time. God Bless

I also have interest in hunting dove and deer... Just figured I would start with ducks.

I'm located in El Centro, 1.5 hrs east of San Diego. Most San Diegans hunt here in the Imperial Valley for waterfowl, pheasant and doves. I'll take you out.

Awesome! Ya I flew to El Centro while I was in the Navy once for a BBQ lol. That sounds great Ill email you if you want to talk details :D. Ill pay for all ammunition, clean your gun if you want, gas, and other expenses.

Couture23.....Opportunity of a lifetime to hang with glass eye based off of his posts here. Listen very carefully and watch and learn from someone who has lots of experience....and then pass that experience along to the next one, including your kids.

Blessing on you, glass eye. Hope you reap more than you sow into this endeavor.

Couture23.....Opportunity of a lifetime to hang with glass eye based off of his posts here. Listen very carefully and watch and learn from someone who has lots of experience....and then pass that experience along to the next one, including your kids.

Blessing on you, glass eye. Hope you reap more than you sow into this endeavor.

x5 on this message

Yes definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity. I hope I can be a sponge and learn as much as possible so I can pass it on to my kids. I will gladly pay for any ammunition, gas, etc. with our trip. I am already looking forward to it and season doesn't start for another 6 months. Any advice from fellow members will gladly be taken from my part <3. Thanks again guys.

Glass eye- I am not sure if this email option worked through the forums.. If it didn't my email is [email protected]

Thanks again everyone for your time and effort.

Very Respectively,

Chris

In a time where so many people are so protective of their hunting spots and where the default attitude seems to be one of secrets and suspicion rather than sharing and openness, this post was a breath of fresh air.

I echo the comments of everyone above. Glass eye, thanks for making my night and restoring my faith in the brotherhood of hunters!

I've done a couple of DIY hunts in NZ and I think some kiwi has rubbed off on me. They are a great bunch that show some real camaraderie. It's good to pay it forward.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back