Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Feet or no feet?

Festus

Got this bird back a little while ago and I'm not sure I like the feet :confused:

The taxidermist wasn't too confident either because he told me that they were just tacked on there and could be removed easily.
The wife won't say one way or the other - which is unusual, so probably means no.

I thought maybe if they were just turned and facing out instead of in?

What do y'all think???

home 005.jpg
home 006.jpg

First - gorgeous bird, and nice trophy.

I suppose I would like the feet if they had 3 inch spurs, but honestly have never seen this done before and its different, odd, but no feet would be my answer.

Do you have other turkeys mounted? Might be cool if you had several different mounts and fans and this added to the uniqueness(sp) of your collection.

Thanks y'all.
Just what I thought - the feet will be off when I get home this evening.

At least I don't have to worry about the feet on the one I got this year!!!! (see picture)
Those feet WON'T be part of any mount!!!
Crazy looking foot - musta broke it or something and it is callused where he's been walking on it balled up like that for awhile!!!!!
And not even the slightest spur on either leg (I've seen jakes with at least some bumps).
Bird was very light and thin - probably did him a favor. Had a 10-1/8" beard, though (and it wasn't a bearded hen).

HA! Would of liked to see him trying to roost?!!?

IMG176.jpg

Yup no feet, although they are in a interesting position. Who knows might grow on ya! I think they would on me. Kinda adds a interesting shape to the whole mount, which is a nice mount, by the way!

No feet.

Snap'em off and make some "back scratchers" with em.

+1 The back scratcher part sounds like a winner. I've seriously thought of hanging an astroturf doormat on the wall just to scratch on, my wife says I look like an old bear the way I always have to scratch on stuff.

Sweet mount but I agree... lose the feet. I think they'd look even funnier if you turned them the other way.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back