iPhone Digiscoping Adapter

Does anybody use those phoneskope set ups? interested to hear peoples thoughts.

I was trying to video deer through the spotting scope lens and also through the eyepiece of the 15 power swaro binoculars and it is watchable, but certainly be nice to have a better set up.

I bought one about a month ago, havent been able to take out in the field just yet. But from playing around with it in the back yard, this thing works awesome. I was sceptical when it arrived because it looked kind of cheap, but after using it it does the job pretty well. The price was high, but it was great to have it custom fit to my phone (droid razr maxx) and to my spotting scope (vortex nomad). I was planning on getting a high end digiscope setup when I came across the phone scope. But to be able to take pics, video or even video calls and be compact and not weigh anything sold me right away.

I bought one about a month ago, havent been able to take out in the field just yet. But from playing around with it in the back yard, this thing works awesome. I was sceptical when it arrived because it looked kind of cheap, but after using it it does the job pretty well. The price was high, but it was great to have it custom fit to my phone (droid razr maxx) and to my spotting scope (vortex nomad). I was planning on getting a high end digiscope setup when I came across the phone scope. But to be able to take pics, video or even video calls and be compact and not weigh anything sold me right away.

Thanks for the report. Any chance you could take a bit of footage in the backyard, birds, animals anything then upload it to the thread to see how it is with focussing, lighting, etc?

Also i assume you would have to focus the optic you are using first on the animal, then connect the phone otherwise things might not be in focus. Could make it hard if an animal is moving.

I like the looks of the Cabelas adapter, time to use some club visa points!

Just placed my order for the cabelas adapter. I measured the outside diameter of my Vortex Nomad eye piece at 1.625" which converts to 41.275mm. I ordered the 42mm model, I sure hope it fits. Will let you guys know how it works.

So I received the iPhone digits oping adapter and was able to test it out tonight on a short drive. I really wish I would have gotten one of these along time ago. Taking pictures and videos is easy, and its nice to be able to look at the screen and not always have to hold your eye up to the eyepiece.

Here are some of my pics from this evening.

Whitetails:

Antelope:

Muleys:

Wapiti:

I know the pictures aren't the best, but for a cell phone through a spotting scope, I'm not complaining.

Thats pretty good going really.

How hard was it to focus on moving animals, you adjust the spotting scope dial then fine tune with the cell or just use the focus ring on the spotter?

Thanks for the report.

Those pics are pretty good! I may have to look into one of those and a spotter.

PS- I'm super jealous that you get to see four species of big game in a 'short drive'....

Thats pretty good going really.

How hard was it to focus on moving animals, you adjust the spotting scope dial then fine tune with the cell or just use the focus ring on the spotter?

Thanks for the report.

It was easy to get focused. I had the spotting scope focused in using the dial, the if you tap the subject on the phone screen, that focuses the phone camera.

Those are some awesome pics for a phone. I think I am going to have to order one of those up.

What model scope and what power setting did you take them at?

My scope is a vortex nomad. I left the scope on 20 power the whole time. I did mess around with zooming in more on the iPhone camera. The photos without the black ring means I had the camera zoomed in more. The pictures are more blurry when zoomed in like that.

My scope is a vortex nomad. I left the scope on 20 power the whole time. I did mess around with zooming in more on the iPhone camera. The photos without the black ring means I had the camera zoomed in more. The pictures are more blurry when zoomed in like that.

That is kind of what I expected. I have screwed around a little taking photos with my camera through my Vortex Skyline 20-60x80mm. You cant crank up the magnification much before things get soupy. I have heard that is where having HD/ED glass makes a big difference.

Either way, nice pics.

I spent a lot of money on a waterproof Iphone case. Does anyone have experience with the Velcro attach phonesKope product ?

I bought one last fall right before hunting season. It's been lots of fun to play with. I took this pic at about 800 yards on 20x. I found the key to getting sharp pics, at least for me, is to keep the spotter focused on the lowest power (20x for me) when taking the shots.

Bedded-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the PhoneSkope, I think for the price and flexibility you cannot beat it. From what I understand if it breaks they'll replace it. Atleast that's what I was told at one of their expos. This video was shot with a Skyline ED and Razr Smartphone. at about 350 yards
http://youtu.be/NiKFkznm-qg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back