Bino case

mdunc8

Can anyone suggest a bino harness that also acts a case? I'm cashing in some Cabelas points and it looks like my options are Badlands, Horn Hunter, Sitka, and S4. It's my goal in life to not own any Sitka gear, so I'm down to three options. Anyone have any experience with the other three?

I have used the Badlands for 3 years, I really like them. The magnets make getting them in and out a real fast operation. I also like the fact that when the case is closed it is basicly dustproof, some other cases i have used and seen only have a flap closure which lets debris in the case.

Last edited:
I have the Badlands, and I like it a lot. Haven't used the others. Depending on your binos, can fit quite a bit of other stuff in there too (range finder, lens pen, compass, lighter etc). It's holding up well after 4 years of use. The magnetic closure isn't 100% quiet, but you can get it down to 98% if you are careful. You would have to be on an archery stalk at 30 yards for this to matter...more of a rangefinder concern.

I'm using the S4 Lockdown and they work good, but in dusty conditions my 10x42 Vortex binos get some exposure and dirty. I'm not 'dissatisfied' with them, but I do wish they protected my binos a little more.

I like the design of the Badlands, but my binos don't fit too well. I think I am going to try the S4 next. I'll make you a good deal on the Badlands, if you decide to go that way.

Mike, what is it about a "case" your after? I'm not sure why you wouldn't run down the street and get the FHF harness/case. Makes an awesome harness, plus its a good enough protective case to just throw around in the truck.......

Mike, what is it about a "case" your after? I'm not sure why you wouldn't run down the street and get the FHF harness/case. Makes an awesome harness, plus its a good enough protective case to just throw around in the truck.......

The lens caps for my binos are terrible at keeping debris and snow/rain off the glass making them nearly useless in the field. Never heard of FHF.

Feel free to stop by and check mine out if you want. Made right here in Belgrade, MT by a great guy! I've used them all and hands down this one is the best.

the Badlands case is one of the best I have seen. it is a magnetic closure which is nice and quiet and the seam of the flap is magnetic all the way around for a secure closure. I would suggest these, as most people responding have.

You support Cabela's but don't want to support Sitka? Interesting take.

I used the Badlands for the past two seasons. After my wife saw it in action, I had to get one for her last year. Does everything we want. Keeps our glass clean and dry and also stays clear of the bowstring when bow hunting, which was a concern of mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back