Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WTB Travel Trailer

jore07

I am looking to get a travel trailer for my family. I thought I would ask around on here in case anybody is looking to sell one or knows anybody selling one. I am looking for something 26' or below and under $3000.

Thanks!

Mine isn't for sale, but we have had several and our current one is 19'. Always seems to be a crisis when we have the grandkids with us and they are in a tent. My question is how many in your family? What kind of roads will you be on? Do you NEED a generator for your camping/hunting? Welcome to PM me. Have been through it all from 14'-23' and back.

Well right now we have 3 in the family with #4 to come later this year. As far as roads I don't imagine any major offroading or anything. We do not need a generator by any means. I am really just looking forsomething in good shape that will be a little more weather proof than a tent and that I can also use with my dad during hunting season if needed.

Look for a hi lo. They are awesome plus get good gas mileage when you are pulling it since it lowers down to the height of the truck. We have 4 in our family and it is perfect. It is 22'.

Look on the net for used trailers in the area where you live. I just bought a 19' 1997 Fleetwood Wilderness that is like brand new inside and out for $3,700 and new ones are about 4 times that.

Last edited:
I have been looking around locally and some a bit further away (not quite Louisiana though), but it seems oil patch in ND and its progress into MT prices are a little high. I will travel a little ways to pick up a decent one, just hard to tell through pictures. You all know the deal, condition is hard to tell in a photo. Thanks though for the advice I appreciate it. Everything helps for sure.

Good luck in your search. The I've only shopped around a bit, there are a few good ones in that price range, but many need some TLC. If you're handy and shop wisely I think you might be able to find what your looking for.

However, for a bit of a different possibility, for that price you could outfit yourself with a top flight wall tent set-up! I'm talking everything, tent, frame, stove, cots, and including a kitchen sink. ;) Just another thought...

I wish I could get the old lady to go for a wall tent for vacations....it would make the purchase much easier:hump:

jore07---Here's a link for a trailer like you want right in Missoula for $2600 obo!!! I see you live 5 hours from there, so I'd ask them for a couple more current pictures of the outside and inside and take cash to them if it is like the picture in the link. That's what I did and I took cash on a 2 1/2 hour trip to get mine after seeing these pictures below. Yours is much older, but the inside photo of it looks great. Good luck and I wont even take a commission if you buy it, LOL!

http://rvs.oodle.com/detail/21ft-id...oula-mt/?cm_mmc=OODLE_PREVIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA

Attachments

• Trailer 003.JPG
    Trailer 003.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Trailer 005.JPG
    Trailer 005.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. Now if I could just get a week off to actually chase some of these down. I knew it would be wise to post on here.

that looks like a pretty nice little setup that topgun found there jore.......Let me know if you get it, I go through missoula quite a bit and if you get it, I would at least take it from Zoo town back to Bozeman to save half your trip...........

Yeah we'll see I am in Bismarck till the end of the week for work, so it will have to be a waiting game.

Yeah we'll see I am in Bismarck till the end of the week for work, so it will have to be a waiting game.

...and i'm in dickinson (up from billings) for work. would be wonderful if i could find somewhere to eat other than applebees, sanfords, or taco johns.

Last edited:
...and i'm in dickonson (up from billings) for work. would be wonderful if i could find somewhere to eat other than applebees, sanfords, or taco johns.

I think you got McDonalds too:D

...and i'm in dickonson (up from billings) for work. would be wonderful if i could find somewhere to eat other than applebees, sanfords, or taco johns.

Yeah Dickinson doesn't have many options for sure. If you don't mind me asking whiskey what type of work are you doing that brought you there?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back